5 Reasons Why Family Visits Are The Best

For when a little bit of home comes to visit you at school.

17
Morgan Lanyon

1. You get to stay with them at their hotel

Finally an opportunity to sleep away from your dorm. You never thought showering without shoes on would be a luxury, until now. There is such a comfort in having the opportunity to get away for a moment from your college life, and to enjoy the luxuries that hotels have to offer. So take advantage of having someone that makes your bed, and space away from your roommates.

2. Shopping

You have put off grocery shopping for far too long and now that your family is here, you have someone to help out. Same goes with clothing. It has been too long since your parents were able to take you on a shopping spree, so they are going to want to take advantage of the opportunity. Let them! You are probably in need of a new pair of jeans, and now that your family is in town, you have a solution.

3. Meals away from the dining hall

You now have the chance to try restaurants in town you have been wanting to go to, but could not find the time, transportation, or funds to do so. Trust me, anything will be better than the dining hall food that has become so routine and bland that you aren’t even sure you taste it anymore. Break out of the college culinary cuisine and take your family out!

4. You feel a little less homesick

Sure, it isn’t the same as getting to see them in your hometown, that offers your own bed, your pets, and friends that stayed in town. But at least you get the feeling of being back at home, surrounded by the people you love.

5. Love

Yes, you will be bombarded with hugs and kisses. And you will suddenly realize how much you missed it. You missed being hugged so tightly you can’t breathe and sharing laughs over typical family matters. No matter where you are in the world, the love is always there, but it is nice to tangibly have it in front of you for a change.