5 Reasons To Like Your English Education Major

Don't forget, this is the right major for you.

27
Susan P Baker

As an English education major, I always wonder why I enjoy it so much. What are the reasons why I should love being an English Education major? I of course know why this is the major for myself, but for others, it may be harder for them to see the insight and lovely reasons why it's fun to be the major were in.

So here are 5 Reasons Why I Love My Major:

1. Appreciation of Literature

Now, I know when I first started high school. I always hated reading a story that was boring but as soon as I took an AP Literature class my senoir year of high school, I found to love literature for what it was. One of the novels we read was called Song of Solomon and I never even enjoyed it to begin with, but as I went an discussed it class, I ended up appreciating it for what it was. All though sometimes I get assigned something in college I can help but love a piece of something in literature, it makes me very happy to see a different insight to pieces of the world.

2. Writing Papers

I may not be the most talented writer of the world, but every time I put my fingers to the keyboard I cannot stop myself from smiling at what I can create. Creating for an English major is endless on what you could do with a paper or even a short story. It's something I get a high from, I could write anything for the rest of my life and be extremely happy. Even if it may not be fun for others, you can't help but love to create something that comes to mind, you cannot rest until it's done.

3. Teaching Others Excites You

There may be some people that don't like English or literature, but the fact that you can teach it and try to get others to understand the concept excites you to no end. You can't wait to see your future students grow as writers or even see the other insights of people. Doing what you love and telling other people about is ultimately something you are so excited about, it makes you smile to know that maybe someday you'll affect a future student of yours.

4. It'll Always Excite You

If it was a future student finally understanding something you taught, a new assignment idea, writing all the papers, reading a new novel. You are always excited about it! It's something you love and you can't get over it no matter how hard you try you're gonna always be that silly nerdy person that loves writing papers.

5. Helping Others

Even if it's just one person that you help out later on in life, that one person will have made the biggest impact on your career. Just being able to help someone out to understand something makes you very happy, but also excited to help out more people. Because with the heart you have, you can't help wanting to feel like a proud person who motivates them to hopefully do good in this world.

So if you're ever doubting your English Education major, remember you are an awesome human that just wants to make an impact on others and it's okay to change your mind but remember why you chose it in the first place. It may help you be sure one what you're doing.