5 Reasons to Dye Your Hair That Crazy Color

Normal is just a setting on a washing machine.
253

People make cosmetic changes all the time, ranging from buying a new shade of foundation to completely revamping your wardrobe. Recently, dying your hair bright, crazy colors has become a trend that you see all over the Internet. Though dying your hair may seem daunting now, you never know how you'll feel about it until you do it. Here are five reasons why dying your hair that crazy color is worth it.

1. It's a self-confidence boost.

In my personal experience, dying your hair a crazy color can be such a confidence boost. When you see yourself in the mirror with the hair color of your dreams, you reach a newfound level of self-love. And as we all know, loving yourself is the most important thing you can do.

2. It's unique.

Though dying your hair in bright colors may be a trend, it is still very unique. Even if you were to dye your hair the same color as someone you know, it probably won't end up the exact same, because everyone's hair is different to begin with.

3. You get so many compliments.

As I said before, loving yourself is the most important thing you can do. However, getting compliments from friends and strangers never hurts, either. You would be amazed at the amount of people who will stop me in the mall or while I'm walking across campus to tell me they like my hair, and it definitely adds a spring to my step.

4. It's a great ice breaker.

This goes hand in hand with my last point, but dying your hair a crazy color can be the best ice breaker you can have. When you meet new people, you can bet your hair will have them mesmerized, and they will probably ask you what you used to get your hair to look like that. Suddenly, you have a full-fledged conversation going, based completely on your awesome hair.

5. Life is short.

You won't live forever, unless science comes up with a way to put an end to that whole death thing, so you might as well have fun while you can. When you're 80 years old, wouldn't you like to look back on your life and be glad you had fun and did what you wanted to do instead of just wishing you had?

Now, go forth and dye your hair that color you've been dreaming about! You won't regret it.