5 Reasons Cupcakes Are Better Than Cake

5 Reasons Cupcakes Are Better Than Cake

Who doesn't love a sweet treat?

6441
5 Reasons Cupcakes Are Better Than Cake

Who doesn't love sweet treats? Like most people, a sweet treat is my go to midnight snack. When I open the pantry at midnight I want something I can grab, take back to my bed, and indulge in under my warm comforter. I usually crave ice-cream, brownies or cupcakes. Most of the time I have none of those foods in my apartment, of course.

There are many people who prefer cake over cupcakes, but here's why cupcakes are way better.

1. You can grab them and go. For me, always being late, it is very convenient to grab a bite of food, walk out of the door and stuff my face on the way. A cupcake allows me to do just that, instead of having to grab a knife, grab the cake, cut a piece onto a place, grabbing a fork and spilling every piece on me in the car — I can just grab and go.

2. At a birthday party, cupcakes are much easier to hand out than cake, and they make less of a mess. Little kids often (always) tend to make a mess out of icing, and cake allows too much room for disaster.

3. The perfect portion size. What else is there to be said? Craving something sweet, take a few bites out of a cupcake and your craving is craved. Whereas a cake slice is a little much, by the time I get halfway done with it, my sweet tooth is aching.

4. You're saving trees. With cake, you have to cut slices and divide them among people, often placing the slices on paper plates. Cupcakes don't need plates. They come individually wrapped and are the perfect size to hold in your hand.

5. They are just so cute. You can get them all different. Whereas a cake has to be decorated the same. Cupcakes are each their own individual cake, so one can have blue icing, and the other can have pink. One can have a ring on top and the other can have sprinkles. One can be vanilla, and one can be chocolate. It's your choice when it comes to cupcakes!

Yes, both are sweet, but cupcakes tend to have a little more advantage over cake!