5 Reasons Alexis Diner Is Every Mount Student's Favorite

Let's just take a second to reflect and be thankful for their cheesecake.

7
Indulgery,com

It's 2:30 a.m. on a Saturday night and you are absolutely starving. The growls in your stomach are hungering for a thick, creamy slice of Oreo cheesecake. While the dining hall is open 24 hours now, you know for sure that they will not have what you want. Lucky for you, as a Mount Saint Mary College student, a delicious haven of snacks, desserts and everything in between is just a quick car or taxi ride away.

So what is this amazing place?

I'm talking about the Alexis Diner of course!

If you are a freshman who just arrived at the Mount, someone who is visiting or you just have never gone before, here are five reasons why the Alexis Diner is the best place on Earth:

1. They are open 24 hours.

Just like the dining hall, the Alexis Diner is open 24 hours! However, the Alexis Diner has an answer for every single one of your late night cravings. Feeling like a chocolate milkshake? You got it. Just a side of mashed potatoes? They have that too!

2. They can make a gourmet meal out of anything.

One of Alexis Diner's amazing talents is they can make just a simple grilled cheese sandwich taste like heaven. While you might expect mediocre quality since it is only a diner, they make their customers feel as if they are in a five star restaurant.

3. The staff is quick, friendly and hilarious.

Whether it be at 10 a.m. on a Sunday or 2 a.m. on a Wednesday, you will never find yourself waiting more than a max of 10 minutes. Once you are seated, you are always welcomed by the waiting staff and I always find myself having brief little conversations with them when they bring out my food. Never have I been dissatisfied with my service there and I have been to Alexis Diner dozens of times throughout my years at Mount Saint Mary.

4. They accept Mount Money!

When you are getting notifications from your bank account letting you know you have gone under a certain limit, have no fear! You can always go to Alexis Diner and pay with any Mount Money you have on your card.

5. They are reasonably priced.

While the Newburgh waterfront restaurants are also a very tasty option, Alexis Diner is built for the average college student on a budget. You can get yourself a nice meal and have leftovers for the next day for under $15!

As I sit and reflect back on my three years so far here at Mount Saint Mary College, I can say one thing for sure: Alexis Diner has a little slice of my heart.