5 Reason To Travel

5 Reason To Travel

Sometimes we miss out on the best things because we never take the chance to traveling.

4
5 Reason To Travel
Anna Simpson
“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” - Anonymous

I have read this quote a hundred times, but never really understood it. That was until the hundred and first time I read it. As I was thinking about why I loved to travel it finally hit me. Too many people travel for all the wrong reasons. They may say they are traveling, but they are just avoiding the responsibility of life.

Then there are some people who travel to live life. They are seizing the opportunity to see something new, experience something new, and be a part of something they never imagined. There is so much more to traveling than escaping reality; there is life to be found. If you are a true traveler than you go places for these five simple, but important, reasons.

1. To put your life into perspective.

Sometimes we forget how amazing our lives are. We tend to forget how fortunate we are to have the things we have. When you step into someone else’s world you finally see things in perspective. You are brought back to reality and you learn to appreciate even the smallest things in life. Not everyone feels safe in their own country, not everyone has the same opportunities in life, and some people will never have the luxuries that we take for granted.

2. To learn something new. Anything new.

It sounds ridiculous because when you are away why would you want to learn, but if you aren’t learning then what is the point of traveling. We learn so much through traveling without even knowing it. When truly immersed in another culture you learn their etiquettes and ways of life. Not only that, but we learn about history. Textbooks can try teaching us all they want, but nothing compares to experiencing it for yourself. You won't ever fully learn until you live it. When you leave the beaten path, stray from the tourist areas, you learn about a whole new way of life.

3. Try new foods.

People think that food is food. The truth is trying new food in a new place is quite the experience. The ability to try something new may actually be a once in a lifetime experience. Plus nothing compares to the authentic food you will eat; it won't have any sort of American twist to it. Going to an Italian restaurant in America is nothing compared to a true Italian restaurant. It is nonna’s recipe that was given to her by her gonna.

4. To see something beautiful.

It sounds simple enough, but some people miss out on this. Traveling gives us the chance to see the world from a new perspective. It allows us to see the moonshine over the Pacific Ocean or the sunset over an Italian ocean. Traveling shows us the rolling vineyards of France. Think about the time you took amount, somewhere in your hometown, toe truly notice the colors of fall. Do you remember thinking to yourself how beautiful the world is? Well imagine taking that moment in a new place; now that is where you will see something beautiful.

5. To find the person you lost, yourself.

Traveling gives you an opportunity to find out so much about yourself. You learn that your limits are even further than you imagined. You find confidence in yourself because you were bold and brave enough to discover something new. Taking that leap to try something new and succeeding proves to your self that you are strong and you are brave and you are capable of so much more. When you stop living in the shadows of your everyday life you discover what is important to you. You may even find who is important to you. Traveling allows you to reflect on everything and redirect the path you are following so that you are moving towards a destination you want.