5 Quick and Easy Tips for Mastering Your Instagram Theme

Behind every millennial is a cohesive and extremely time consuming theme.

110
www.pexels.com

To most millennials, their Instagram feed defines who they are. Whether it be chock full of delicious brunches, sunny vacations, or cute pics with their significant other, Instagram feeds offer a quick look inside someone else's life. In order to develop your own unique aesthetic, it is important to upload photos with similarities, such as the same color pattern. Follow these tips below so you can take your current Insta theme to the next level.

1. Check Pinterest for Ideas

Pinterest is not only a great place to search for outfit inspiration and cooking ideas! You can simply search for "Instagram Themes" and find tons of options to update your theme with. They tell you exactly how to format your photos, what apps you may need to download, and even what types of photos to take.

2. Use the App "VSCOcam" to Edit Your Photos

I've been using the app VSCOcam since the beginning of my Instagram journey because I love the variety of filters they have. You can do SO much with this app! Crop your photo, add highlights, take away shadows, sharpen your image, and more.

3. Use Natural Light to Take Your Photos

The best photos are taken with natural light, so try to set up your photo near a window so the light flows through. Adjust the brightness level on your cell phone to ensure a crisp, clear photo will be taken. If all of your photos are taken with natural light, you are also staying consistent with your theme!

4. Watch YouTube Videos for More Help

Famous YouTubers, Bloggers, and even some celebrities are posting about their Instagram feeds for all to see. Do some research on YouTube and you will find dozens of Instagram feed tutorials.

5. Keep it Uniform: Include color balance, focal balance, and content balance.

Pick a few colors and post the photos that stay in the same color family. For example: if you post predominately nature pics that include a lot of darker colors (greens, browns) don't switch to bright pinks! Choosing a color family is important to keep your feed cohesive. Finding a focal balance and content balance is also key. What types of photos do you post? I have a fashion blog (follow me here) and I try it mix it up between product flat-lays and outfit of the day pictures, but overall those are the only things I will post about.