5 Questions For Myself About Moving

5 Questions For Myself About Moving

When You're Definitely A Hoarder

11
5 Questions For Myself About Moving
cloudfront.net

WHEN DID I GET SO MUCH STUFF?

Considering I couldn’t really own anything I wanted to own for the first nine months of the school year, the fact that I have so much stuff always confuses me. It just accumulates. That and the fact that I am a sucker for Amazon prime and online shopping sales. So really there’s no one to blame but myself for my situation of trying to desperately stuff everything I own into a few boxes. This is normally when I start wondering why we even have to move if I’m literally only going up a floor and down the hallway. I could definitely do my summer program while not being surrounded by everyone in it.

CAN I MAKE THIS IN ONE TRIP?

The answer is 100% no. That doesn’t stop me from trying everything I can to attempt one trip, and then probably spill everything I own on the ground or in the elevator. I also know that I’m not going to be making it in one trip since I am attempting to put half of my belongings back into storage since I didn’t use them all of this summer period. But can I make each different destination into one trip? Again, probably not since I seem to be experiencing a clothing hoarding situation.

WHY DID I TAKE THIS OUT OF STORAGE?

Legitimate question. Why did I bring this box of socks for a uniform I haven’t worn all summer? Why did I bring a bag of sweaters to my room in July? The world may never know, but I am seriously questioning past-me’s sanity right now. All I can say is I chose the wrong clothing to bring to my room and now I have to cart it back.

WHY CAN'T YOU STOP FALLING FOR ONLINE DEALS?

Seriously! I own way too many clothes now, and I don’t even wear half of them. If I was smart, I’d stuff them all into a random box and stuff that random box into storage, but who knows when that’s going to happen. I feel like I need someone to watch over how I spend my money or someone who stops me every time I try to make an online purchase and goes “Really? Another witty T-shirt? You don’t need that in your life.” Actually, I bet you can hire someone to do that for you. I probably should.

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MOVE OUT BEFORE SOMEONE MOVES IN?

This is legitimately my worst fear when it comes to moving rooms. This is where question two comes into play. If I don’t make it in one trip, will I come back and find that someone has tried to move into the room that I’ve just vacated? Will they steal my stuff? Ok, the answer to the latter question is no, but I’ve heard stories of people trying to get into rooms before the person in them has moved out.

All in all, I think I need a class on how to stop falling for internet deals and how to stop hoarding things. Don’t keep something just because you think you might need it later. As I am currently experiencing, you probably don’t and now you just have more trips back to a storage unit.