5 places to travel to in Connecticut

5 places to travel to in Connecticut

Need a vacation but don't have time or the money to go far away? here are 5 places right in CT that are great vaca spots

21
5 places to travel to in Connecticut

Is there ever a time where you just need to get away for a day or two but don't have the time or money? Connecticut, believe it or not, is full of beautiful towns and travel spots that attract thousands of tourists every year. It may seem pretty small, but you only have to drive an hour tops to go on vacation and feel like you're in a different country. There are also great places to travel just outside of Connecticut like Rhode Island, New York, and Boston. Here are five places in Connecticut that are just a short drive away but a beautiful travel spot:

1. Mystic, CT

Mystic, CT is know for it's history, drawbridge, great food, famous travelers, and river view. There are so many things to do in Mystic from going to the Aquarium or Seaport to kayaking, paddle boarding, and shopping on the drawbridge.

2. Stonington, CT

Stonington is just a short drive from Mystic and offers a lot of the same attractions and more. Stonington is located right on the ocean and offers beaches, boating, great seafood, and small business shop.

3. Niantic, CT

Niantic is another beautiful town located by the water. Niantic is full of beautiful beaches, small businesses, shops, restaurants, and a boardwalk. A getaway to Niantic is like being in a completely different place. It is about a 25 minute drive from Mystic and Stonington.

4. Westerly, Rhode Island

Although Westerly isn't in Connecticut, it isn't very far and worth the slightly longer drive. Westerly is also by the water, has great beaches, shopping areas, restaurants, theaters, and the ocean house hotel and restaurant. It is also the summer home to Taylor Swift. It is a beautiful area with so many things to do during every season.

5. Hartford, CT

Hartford is the capital of Connecticut and a beautiful place to visit. It is a city but is full of historical points, big malls, the capital building, fun night spots, and other fun places to go. It is not too far away and it's a great place to travel or just to relax and have some fun.