5 Netflix Shows You Need to Watch

5 Netflix Shows You Need to Watch

Love watching Netflix but don't know what to watch? Well, I have some for you!

71
5 Netflix Shows You Need to Watch

Finding a good show to start watching is extremely difficult. Believe me, I've always had a rough time picking something I might be interested in. Luckily, Netflix exists and keeps coming out with new, amazing shows to watch. Here are a few that I've found to be unique and gorgeously made.

1. A Series of Unfortunate Events- If you were a fan of the books when you were a kid, you're bound to love this. It's completely true to the books, from the ages of the children, to Mr. Poe’s obnoxious and inconvenient laugh. They even take almost all of the lines straight from the books, which, for a book nerd like me is the ultimate accomplishment for a book adaptation. Even if you completely disregard these reasons, watch it solely for Neil Patrick Harris’s portrayal of Count Olaf. Harris is amazing in every role he’s in, but this one really takes the cake.
  2. 3%- If you liked The Hunger Games, Divergent, or The 100, then you would love 3%. It's a Brazilian show, so you would need to use subtitles or watch the dubbed over version, but this doesn't take away from the story at all. I was hooked from the very beginning and all the twists and turns make for a very intense show. There's beautiful representation as well, with POC characters and a disabled character who doesn't want to change his disability. 3% keeps you on the edge of your seat and you get attached to the characters from the first time you see them until the last, even if the last occurs about two minutes from the first. So try not to get too attached.
  3. Voltron: Legendary Defenders- If you liked the original Teen Titans, but hate Teen Titans Go!, go watch Voltron. It's got aliens, mechanical lions, and great space battles. It has a wonderful mix of light-hearted comedy as well as tragedy. Don't be deterred because it's an animated show. The characters and plot were created for people of all ages. Unlike the previous two shows, Voltron has two seasons with plans for more, so all the more to watch! Voltron will definitely cheer you up if you're down from school or work.
  4. Stranger Things- I bet you've heard a lot about Stranger Things in the past year and I'm going to add to it. If you're into horror and thriller, you've come to the right show. It's also set in the 80s, so it'll be a great nostalgia trip for the people who grew up during that time. There are monsters, “other worlds,” and teenagers. The beautiful writing and dialogue gives a sort of “realness” to the “unrealness” of the universe. Winona Ryder displays a stunning performance of a relentless and determined mother searching for her missing son and you really connect with her character throughout the entire series. Surprisingly, there's even a redemption for a selfish and unkind character, which is unheard of unless you think of Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. The intensity, acting, and cinematography of Stranger Things creates a jaw-dropping and fantastic work of art.
  5. Jessica Jones- Want a female lead, superhero show? Then, Jessica Jones is just for you! Not only are the special effects wonderful, but Jessica isn't your typical superhero. She deals with her past sexual abuse, panic attacks, and the return of her abuser. The realistic portrayal of her PTSD and having to confront her abuser gives depth to her struggles and to the show.