5 Must-Watch Movies For A Snow Day

5 Must-Watch Movies For A Snow Day

What better time to sit back, relax and watch a movie?

47
5 Must-Watch Movies For A Snow Day

A new quarter has begun. It's getting colder outside. You grow lazier and don't ever want to leave your bed. This can only mean one thing: winter is upon us. And because winter has finally come around, snow is an inevitable part of the deal. Instead of dreading the weather that is due to come our way, why not look forward to those snowy days as opportunities to cuddle up under your blanket with hot cocoa while watching some feel-good movies? Let's face it, there's no better way to escape a snowy day than to sit back and watch movies.

1. "Mary Poppins"

Julie Andrews. Dick Van Dyke. Musical numbers. Need I say more? This beloved childhood classic definitely deserves a look-back. It awakens feelings of nostalgia taking you back to simpler times when you were young and bright-eyed about the world. It also has a great score with songs like, "Spoonful of Sugar", "Step in Time", and of course, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

2. "The Holiday"

Although it's considered a Christmas movie, 'The Holiday' definitely is worth revisiting during winter in general, and aside from its festive time setting, it's really at heart an examination of love, relationships and the journey of rediscovering self-worth. It has the delightfulness of a romantic comedy with the heart of a well-earned drama.

3. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"

If you're feeling less frivolous with your choice of movie and want something a little more on the serious side, than 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' is a perfect choice. This slice of life story is really a good movie to watch when you have time to sit down and really take in a movie. It's funny, emotional and a resonant film, especially for our generation today. It tackles a lot of important issues and lessons that we all come to terms with as we grow into adults.

4. "Finding Neverland"

Another throwback to childhood, 'Finding Neverland' is the story of how J.M Barrie created the much adored and legendary tale that is "Peter Pan." Yes, this film is enjoyable during our youth, but as you get older, I feel it's more appreciated. It also gives you the feeling of believing in magic again while also showcasing the struggle to balance imagination with reality. If you want to feel emotionally destroyed, but uplifted at the same time than this one's for you.

5. Any of the Harry Potter films

You really can't go wrong watching Harry Potter any time of the year, but especially during winter, Harry Potter feels, even more, fitting. This could be because we see several winters that Harry, Hermione, Ron and others experience at their years at Hogwarts or maybe it's because you finally have free time to do that Harry Potter marathon that you've been putting off. Whatever the case may be, any selection from the franchise is worth watching.

Take advantage of snow days by popping in a movie and giving some time for yourself. These kind of days are only around for so long, so enjoy them while you can!