5 'Must-Sees' In Gatlinburg, TN

5 'Must-Sees' In Gatlinburg, TN

With over 100 attractions to choose from, these should be high on your list.

700
5 'Must-Sees' In Gatlinburg, TN
cache-graphicslib.viator.co

Being raised in Kentucky, I was lucky enough to live only a few short hours away from the beautiful Smoky Mountain tourist city of Gatlinburg, TN. After working there for two summers, I felt like I knew the area of Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville, inside and out. Gatlinburg has stolen my heart and is a place I would definitely consider my second home. A trip here is a no-brainer because it is affordable, beautiful, and there is something for everyone. Even if you can only spend a weekend trip there, there are a few places that I would include high up on your "must-see" list.

1. Ober Gatlinburg

OK, so I am a little biased; I had the pleasure of working here for two summers, and I would easily commit to it all over again. Ober Gatlinburg is a wonderful place to visit during the winter or the summer and here is why. First, take the tram up to the mountain and enjoy the beautiful scenic views while learning a few fun facts about the area. Once you're on the mountain, there are many shops you can visit, go ice skating indoors, take a sample of their delicious fudge, and explore outside. During the summertime, experience the water park, alpine slide, maze, and more. Also, they have a chairlift that puts any other chairlift to shame because of how high up you can travel, since you have to ride the tram up the mountain before you can even see the chairlift itself. During the winter, everything is transformed into ski central, so for all you snow bunnies, Ober has you covered.

2. Ripley's Aquarium

Gatlinburg has every Ripley's attraction available, although they are all amazing, if you have a family trip down to visit, paying for every attraction can become very expensive. If I could choose just one, I would choose Ripley's Aquarium. No matter the age, visiting an aquarium never gets old. There are so many amazing animals to look at, you are bound to have a favorite. I've easily been 100 times and I could go 100 more.

3. Best Italian

You are going to get hungry after visiting so many incredible tourist attractions, so why not experience the best Italian while you're there? But no, really, it's called Best Italian. Wow, this is some great food! Make sure you go with a group because they give you large family-size portions so one family size lasagna will probably be enough to fill at least two, maybe four people.

4. Tastings

Wine tastings, moonshine tastings, you can even walk over to "All Sauced Up" on the Gatlinburg strip once you've consumed all of the alcohol you can take and fill up on some delicious samples of chips and salsa, bread and olive oil, and different dessert spreads.

5. Shopping

There is parking all over, but if you go behind Mellow Mushroom/Ole Smoky Moonshine, you can usually be fine all day parking for only $2.00. So don't stop at the first parking area you see! Once you find a spot, explore the Gatlinburg strip and take a few hours to go shopping. Go to every store you see; don't just hit all the stores facing the road. Make sure you check out all of the hidden gems as well! You'll be amazed at some of the shops you find, that you never knew existed.