5 Happy Movies To Watch This Weekend

5 Happy Movies To Watch This Weekend

A few of my personal favorites that are guaranteed to make you smile.

4
5 Happy Movies To Watch This Weekend
unsplash

I love these movies!

How To Be Single (2016)

'How to Be Single' is a 2016 film directed by Christian Ditter. The film follows Alice, played by Dakota Johnson, as she finds independence after finishing college and breaking up with her boyfriend. The first time I watched this film, I instantly felt refreshed, and super happy. Great to watch with friends or alone!

Singin' In The Rain (1952)

'Singin' in the Rain' is a 1952 film directed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen. The musical follows Don Lockwood, Kathy Selde n, and Cosmo Brown through the transition from silent films to talking films in Hollywood. Singin' in the Rain is a classic for all ages to enjoy, and will never stop making me smile.

Footloose (1984 or 2011)

Whether you're a 1984 Footloose fan or a 2011 Footloose fan, this film is always a blast to watch. Both films follow Ren McCormack in his move from Boston to a small southern town and protests the town's ban on dancing. From the dancing to the interesting character dynamics, this film has been a favorite of mine for a while.

Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

'Little Miss Sunshine' is a 2006 comedy, directed by Valerie Faris and Jonathan Dayton. The film follows the dysfunctional Hoover family as they road trip to California for the Little Miss Sunshine contest. This film is heartwarming, hilarious, and a rollercoaster of emotions, and it'll always be one of my favorites.

It Must Be Heaven

'It Must Be Heaven' is a 2019 Palestinian film, directed by and starring Elia Suleiman. The film follows Suleiman as he moves out of Palestine. I had the amazing opportunity to watch this film at the 2020 Dublin International Film Festival, and it was definitely my favorite film that we watched. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and one of the best films I've ever seen.