The 5 Most Anticipated Reads Of 2018

The 5 Most Anticipated Reads Of 2018

These a re just a few titles that I'm excited to be released in 2018!
52

Happy New Year! It's finally 2018 which means we have another whole year to take books off our TBR (to be read list) and mark them as read and say "Yes I finally read that book that's been sitting on my shelf for 3 years"! It also means more books are coming out which means an even bigger TBR, but I'm so excited for all the new releases which include sequels and debuts !!

1. Zenith

Zenith has been pitched as Guardians of the Galaxy meets Throne of Glass and is about a girl named Andi and her all-girl space pirate crew aboard their ship named The Maurder in the galaxy of Mirabel. When their mission suddenly goes awry, the girls find themselves in a messy situation with a bounty hunter from Andi’s past.

Meanwhile, a ruler across the galaxy waits on her planet Xen Ptera, standing by to impose her revenge. I have been looking forward to this one for a while and I was lucky enough to receive an ARC while attending Book Expo in NYC over the summer! I haven't had a chance to read this one yet, but hopefully when this article is out I’ll already have it marked as read! I’m so excited for Sasha and Lindsay as I know how much work they put into this novel to get it published, and I hope this book lives up to my expectations !!! ZENITH is out now!

2. The Traitor’s Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen

This is another one I’m super excited for. The Traitor’s game is a fantasy novel that so far has really reminded of the novel Graceling by Kristin Cashore mixed in with a little Throne of Glass as the plot seems to have similar aspects to both books.

The Traitor’s Game is about a girl named Kestra in the kingdom of Antora. For the past few years she’s been in exile from her father in the Lava Fields. Her father is the right hand man to the cruel king of Antora which means being in exile doesn’t stop her from being drawn into her father’s politics. Since she is the daughter of the King’s right hand man, she is of extreme value to rebels in the kingdom trying to overthrow the king.

As Kestra travels home at the beginning of the novel, a group of rebels overtakes her carriage and kidnaps her and her servants. Their goal? To have Kestra retrieve the lost Olden Blade, which is the only object in the realm that can destroy the immortal king. Naturally, Kestra turns out to not be as cooperative as the rebels expected. One of the rebels, Simon, will have his hands full as he is put in her charge of her to make sure she succeeds. As the plot thickens both Kestra and Simon have to decide what and whom it is they are really fighting for.

This novel is set to be released on February 27th and is actually classified as middle grade! I was lucky enough to pick up a manuscript of this book at ALA (American Library Association) in Chicago over the summer! I’ve slowly been getting through this as every time I pick it up something seems to come up, but I'm super excited to dive into the plot and see if it’s as practicable, and fun as I hope it will be! I Don't usually read middle grade, but this one seems to be on the cusp of being considered YA as well, so I have high hopes for this read!

3. A Reaper at The Gates

A Reaper at the Gates is the third book in the Ember in the Ashes quartet which succeeds the first two installments, An Ember in the Ashes and A Torch Against the Night. As it is the third book in a series I don’t want to give anything away from the first two installments so I am just going to provide you with the summary of the first book.

In a world inspired by Ancient Rome, Laia is a slave who lives with her grandparents and her brother. Her family lives in the backstreets of the Empire and do not defy it. They’ve seen what happens to those who do. However, when Laia’s older brother is arrested for treason she is forced to make a decision. In exchange for help from a group of rebels, Laia will risk her life to spy for the group within the walls of the Empire’s greatest military academy where she meets Elias.

Elias is one of the school’s greatest soldiers but is secretly its most unwilling soldier too. Elias wants to be free of the academy he was forced into and the laws he is forced to implement. Soon Elias and Laia will find their lives intertwined and their choices will affect the destiny of the Empire itself. I have been waiting for this third installment for over a year now, so I will definitely need a re-read before FINALLY picking up this fantastic third installment!!

4. Save The Date by Morgan Matson

Morgan Matson is, what I refer to as, one of the many ‘Queens of Contemporary’. Her books are all summery beachy reads all about romance and summertime.

They are not in any particular order, however, some of her stories are set in the same town and thus we get a visit from characters we love from one of her other novels. This particular novel from her is all about Charlie Grant.

Charlie’s older sister is getting married this weekend at her family’s home which means all four of her siblings will be under one roof for the first time in years! Charlie is desperate for one perfect weekend before everything in her life changes.

The only problem? The weekend is turning out to be a bit of a disaster. Over the course of three days, Charlie will end up learning more than she ever thought she knew about her family and she’ll realize that if she keeps everything in the past then she might miss out on what her future will be like. Morgan Matson’s books are some of my favorite summertime reads and I’m so excited to finally be getting another book by her to read this summer!

Save The Date hits shelves on June 5th, 2018!

5. Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi

This is the next installment in Tahereh’s ‘Shatter Me’ series. As it is the fourth installment, I don’t want to give too much away, but I will provide a brief summary! Shatter Me is all about a girl named Juliette. She can’t touch anyone because the last time she did she was locked up by the Reestablishment for murder.

The Reestablishment also said that their way was the only way to help her so they threw her in a cell. However, the Reestablishment has been faced with so many diseases and so many deaths that survivors are calling for war.

Now the Reestablishment has changed its mind about Juliette. Juliette now has a choice: Be a weapon or become a warrior. I loved this series when I was in high school and considering the end of the third book left some things open-ended I’m extremely excited to see what happens next in the series!

I am so excited for all of these titles and much more to come out 2018! i can tell it's going to be a good year for reading..but not for my TBR lol!!!!