5 Moments The Royal Wedding Brought Me To Tears

I'm not crying, you're crying.

67

On May 19th, I, like many Americans, woke up at the crack of dawn to turn on the TV. Why? The Royal Wedding of course! From the fashion and the guest list, to the ceremony and then the procession, there's just so much to discuss.

Even though the ceremony only lasted an hour, these 5 moments will surely last a lifetime.

1. Meghan Markle walking down the aisle

Meghan Markle looked like a vision walking down the checkered aisle in a simple, elegant Givenchy dress topped with a stunning diamond tiara given to her by the Queen herself. Besides the obvious, let's talk about the fact that the mini bridesmaids and pageboys were the cutest thing EVER!

I couldn't help but think they looked like her little ducklings when they were walking behind her down the aisle of St. George's Chapel.

2. Prince Harry seeing Meghan for the first time

The lip bite, the smile, the part where he literally said "you look amazing," where do I begin? It was all just too much for my heart to handle. A tear was most definitely shed.

3. The Vows

If you've been on Twitter or Instagram lately you've probably seen the picture of Meghan Markle staring at Prince Harry with those wide, brown eyes. If you ever doubted their relationship, that doubt was washed away if you watched them say their vows.

The way they looked at each other was the stuff movies are made of.

4. Prince Harry getting emotional when they sang "Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer"

Prince Harry wears his heart on his sleeve, and that's why he's so universally loved. It is no secret that the Prince had a very close relationship with his late mother, Princess Diana. It is also no secret that he suffered a great deal when she passed away.

This song was played at her funeral and was a reminder that she was with her son on his special day. Prince Harry quickly wiped his eye and nose at the conclusion of the song, but if you caught it, it was quite touching.

5. The First Kiss

The kiss. The smiles after. This is the content I signed up for. What a perfect end to a fairytale wedding.

If this article confused you because you're the only person on this earth that didn't see the wedding...please go watch it. I guarantee your skin will be clearer, your stomach will be flatter, and your life will be longer, that's how magical it was.