5 Easy Meals For College Students

5 Easy Meals For College Students

Cooking doesn't come as easy to some of us.

17
5 Easy Meals For College Students
Serious Eats

As a college student, cooking doesn’t come as easy to some of us as it does others. I certainly don’t consider myself a chef by any means. However, making your own meals is easier on the wallet than buying pre-made meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Luckily, I discovered some simple eats to throw together that are easy and tasty.

1. Avocado Toast

It’s the perfect breakfast! Can it get any easier than putting a piece of bread in a toaster and spreading some fresh avocado on top? I always add a spread of butter and sprinkle some pepper on top of the avocado, and I’m met with a filling breakfast.

2. Pasta

This is one of my favorite dinners. Although I don’t always have the patience to wait for the water to boil and my pasta to cook, I make it a point to cook more than one serving so that I can save leftovers for the next night’s dinner.

3. Eggs

I’m a fan of cracking an egg into a pan and frying it up in a matter of minutes. However, it’s not difficult to scramble eggs or turn them into an omelet. Sprinkle cheese or add veggies to enhance the taste!

4. Turkey Burgers

I’ve recently discovered frozen turkey burgers from Trader Joe’s, and the turkey burger quickly became my favorite item from my limited dinner menu. The burgers are easy to cook in a pan and taste delicious with avocado spread on top and a side of applesauce.

5. Sandwich

This is the easiest meal to make. Requiring only a lunch meat of choice, cheese, a veggie or two, and some honey mustard or avocado (two of my favorites), a simple sandwich is perfect to put together in the mornings and tuck in your bag for a lunch in between classes. It’s filling and much less expensive than buying an eight-dollar Whole Foods sandwich every day.

Although I’m not much of a cook, this list of easy-to-make meals make me feel like a five-star chef. Okay, so that’s a stretch, but the meals are quick, cost-effective, and tasty enough for a busy college student to make and enjoy.