5 Lessons Zac Brown Band Has Taught Me

5 Lessons Zac Brown Band Has Taught Me

"For every moment in life there are lyrics to a country song that explains the situation perfectly."

46
5 Lessons Zac Brown Band Has Taught Me
Boston Herald

Zac Brown Band is my all time favorite band and there are so many reasons why. The main reason being that their songs actually mean something. There is a story behind almost every song they write, and their music has a certain effect on people. Here is what their songs have taught me:

1. To be thankful for family

If you are someone who is close to your family you will eventually realize that everyone you look up to has helped to shape you into the person you either are becoming or have become. This is something I have realized recently and I am so grateful for my “roots.”

“I wouldn’t change a thing, it made the man I am today. My roots always keep me grounded, roots remind me where I’m from. Even when I’m a thousand miles away from my roots I’m home.” –Roots

2. Why we should be patriotic

We are so lucky to live in a country where we are free to do as we please. But, a lot of the times we forget that most of our privileges are a cost that others have to pay so that we are able to do the things we love.

“I thank God for my life and for the stars and stripes. May freedom forever fly, let it ring. Salute the ones who died, the ones that gave their lives so we don’t have to sacrifice all the things we love.” –Chicken Fried

3. One of the most important things is the connection you make with others

Sometimes in this crazy life, if you’re lucky enough life may throw you a curve ball. You’ll meet someone or even multiple people that you just click with, and that person will basically become a drug, someone you can’t get enough of.

“You're such a beautiful drug, I can't get enough. Addicted and I'm dying for a hit of your love.” –Beautiful Drug

4. That losing a loved one may be hard but it’s important to cherish their memory

Losing a loved one is not easy, it never is. It is also even harder to try and remember the good memories and to be grateful for the time you had with that person. One song that has helped me grieve is Bittersweet. The song is about losing a loved one but it also teaches you the importance of finding beauty in their memory.

“It’s bittersweet you see, you’re not here but I can feel you. Every memory is on the tip of my tongue. Close my eyes, see your face, hold on tight to yesterday. Praying when I wake, it was just a dream.” –Bittersweet

5. Don’t take the little things for granted

Sometimes it may be hard to see the big picture and realize that it really is the little things that end up meaning the most. A lot of times especially in today's society we tend to get wrapped up in materialistic items. When at the end of the day it's really about the people you surround yourselves with and the relationships you make that end up meaning the most.

“It’s funny how it’s the little things in life that mean the most.” –Chicken Fried