5 More Lessons From a Senior

5 More Lessons From a Senior

I've learned a thing or 2 by now

20
5 More Lessons From a Senior

So with just a month left of school and I start to look into what I might start doing once I get out of school as I work on adjusting my resume and cover letter I’ve started looking back on what I would do over again if I was given the chance. So I thought it would be a good idea to share some of those lessons with you and maybe you might take something away from it.

1. Go see Guest Speakers

Even if it doesn't seem like they are involved in an area that you're interested in, you never know what'll peak your interest, what a new connection might help you get involved in, so if you have the time use it.

2. Try to contact people in the field you want to work in.

Believe it or not, sometimes just trying to find people who work in the field you work is actually easier than you think. Sometimes it really does just come down to emailing or calling the right person. Granted there is no guarantee that you will get a response but it really doesn't hurt to try. Especially if you try to talk to slightly smaller companies since they are a bit easier to get a hold.

3. Have a friend with a spare couch or bed.

I've been lucky enough to live in a house, but if you don't, sexiling is a thing that occurs and having a friend with spare sleeping room came in handy during my freshman year.

4. Always be on the look out for grants

Not just within your university but also from your city, state, anything like that, always be on the look out for any sources of money that can help you in your endeavors.

5. Accept that you don't fully know yourself, and be prepared to find a new aspect of yourself everyday.