5 Inspirational Leonardo DiCaprio Movie Quotes

993
static1.squarespace.com

Leonardo DiCaprio has played a wide range of characters, including a young, poor boy on a sinking cruise ship, a thief who can enter your dreams, and a corrupt multi-millionaire stockbroker on wall street. No matter what character he plays, DiCaprio's roles often seem to bring words of wisdom with them. Here are five of the more inspirational quotes from characters that Leonardo DiCaprio has played.

1. “I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're going to get dealt next.”

-Jack Dawson, "Titanic" (1997)

I know it's a cliché, but life is full of ups and downs. There is no way to know what comes next for sure, and more often than not, it is important to take advantage of the good days. Whether that's by taking a chance, going on a new adventure or just taking a step forward towards your goals, it's important to live in the moment.

2. “Don't just sit at home, or the life of your dreams will sail right past you.”

- Jordan Belfort, "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013)

We all have an idea of how we want our life to turn out. In order to get to that, we need to go out there and work for it, even when it's hard, because that is what makes the biggest difference. As this quote tells us, if we don't take steps forward to get to where we want to be, we miss out on opportunities that could make all the difference.

3. “A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules.”

-Dom Cobb, "Inception" (2010)

This quote is important because it depicts the fact that human beings can accomplish so much if they put their minds to it. The human mind is what has created everything that we have now, and that is a major accomplishment. That only means that we are capable of a lot more than we realize. Believing this can be all the motivation we need.

4. “Dear Dad, you always told me that an honest man has nothing to fear, so I'm trying my best not to be afraid.”

-Frank Abagnale, Jr., "Catch Me if You Can" (2002)

Fear is one of the main things that often stops us from taking chances and doing what we want in our lives. If we look past this fear, and stop it from taking over what we want, we can achieve many of our goals that we couldn't otherwise.

5. “Be thankful for the hard times, for they have made you.”

-King Louis XIV, "The Man in the Iron Mask" (1998)

Everyone goes through difficulties at some point in their lives. If we stop looking at these difficulties as times that hold us back, we can realize that they have contributed to making us who we are. We can look at them as advantages in the long run rather than times that stop us from being who we want to be.