5 Fun, Refreshing New Songs to Add to Your Playlist

Stay "cool" (& motivated) in the summer heat with these empowering jams

4
https://www.musicnotesacademy.com/2017/summer-music/

Ahh, summertime. The sun is shining, the weather is hot, and you have your feet up by a pristinely turquoise pool, that book you've been dying to read in one hand and tropical-flavored drink in the other. Free of responsibilities at last.

Not.

For most of us, summertime can be anything but relaxing, as maybe the sun is shining and the weather is hot, but you wouldn't know because you spend the entire day hunched in front of a computer somewhere; the only sun you see is on your homepage every morning and you're wearing a sweater because your boss cranks the air conditioning up to the max almost every single day.

It's easy to get discouraged and lose focus when everyone seems to be out catching those summer rays, and you're trapped inside all day working. Trust me, I've been there - I know how difficult it can be to stay productive when all you want to do is hit the beach. One thing that has helped me push through these "summer slumps", as I call them, has been listening to music, specifically songs that hype me up and put me in the zone to get my work done as soon as I can.

Here are 5 songs that help me power through the day, giving me that burst of motivation to get me through those mid-afternoon blues!

Voulez-Vous-ABBA

I've found that this track's upbeat nature really enhances my focus (for some odd reason), and it's repetitive beat makes it easy to listen to without getting distracted (although, sometimes I can't resist having a midday dance party-c'mon, it's ABBA, how could you blame me?)

Cities in Dust-Siouxsie & the Banshees

Siousxie & the Banshees is one of my all-time favorite bands from the 1980s, and this song really helps me focus as well-again, it's pretty easy to listen to without getting distracted, as Siouxsie's voice is almost ethereal, and the lyrics are rather obscure!

Black Walls-Chromatics

This song is composed of mostly techno/electronic beats & rhythms, making it easy to listen to while responding to emails, typing up briefs, or doing whatever other tasks I have listed for the day.

Truth Hurts-Lizzo

Lizzo. Need I say more?

Indestructible-Robyn 

This song is also mainly composed of high-energy, upbeat electronic rhythms and sounds, and I've found it to be a great track to listen to while I workout as well-it keeps me motivated to push even harder, to run that extra mile or do that extra set.