5 Essentials You Need For College

5 Essentials You Need For College

Being in college, there will be plenty of stress in other ways, so don't make forgetting these one of them!

830
5 Essentials You Need For College
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/12/6365136997567578391053025285_cole-keister-291568.jpg

College is different from high school in so many ways. There are more people, different class hours, dorms, countless clubs -- I could go on and on. Something that is especially different are some of the purchases that you should make when embarking on your college career. They may not have been as important in high school, but in college, they are a necessity. So, whether you are coming into college next fall or heading into the Spring Semester, here are five things you should have for college:

1. A good pair of headphones.

It is so important to have a good pair of headphones in college. While in high school you may have had some, you will definitely make more use of them here. The walk to class is much longer, and your roommates definitely don't always want to be listening to your music or hearing Netflix coming from your laptop. Investing in a good pair of headphones ensures that you will have an escape into something only you can hear, and they can even make taking a phone call much easier.

2. A pair of rain boots.

I never had a pair of rain boots in high school. You just don't really need them. But in college, you walk a lot more than you used to, and the majority of it can be outside. No one wants shoes ruined by the rain or wet feet, so go out and buy a reliable pair of rain boots -- trust me, it is one of the best purchases you will make.

3. A raincoat.

To go with your rain boots, you should definitely invest in a raincoat. I never had one before college, but I feel like after I got one, I'm not sure how I managed before. It's a great feeling to walk through the rain and know that you will be dry when you get to class (for the most part, depends on the rain), and it keeps you happier. No one likes showing up somewhere absolutely soaking wet, but by purchasing a raincoat you can help make yourself less annoyed in the long run.

4. A long coat for winter.

Again, in high school, you needed a jacket to get you into school in the morning and out in the afternoon. If you were a little bit chilly, it didn't really matter because you would be back inside in just a few short minutes. But in college, pretty much all you do is walk everywhere, and having a good, long coat makes all the difference. You don't realize what you're missing until you invest in one, but take it from me, it's worth it. Especially if you go to a school where it snows.

5. A durable backpack.

This may seem obvious, but isn't always. Getting a durable backpack is a worthwhile purchase because you will use it all the time. You want a weatherproof bag that can store everything you may need, whether it be notebooks, your laptop, textbooks, snacks, or whatever else you may need -- all of these items are very important, and wouldn't do well if they got soaked on your way to class.

While there are definitely more things you will need in college, I see this as the list of items you are likely to forget, because they are so obvious. They are all so useful, and will save you from some stress in the long run. Being in college, there will be plenty of stress in other ways, so don't make forgetting these one of them!