5 Easy Ways To Relieve Some Stress

5 Easy Ways To Relieve Some Stress

It's time to relax and unwind.

128
Mashable.com

Even though school is over, stress does not go away. Stress can occur because of so many different variables in a person’s life, school is not the sole reason and cause for stress. It is vital for people to remember to monitor and relieve their stress throughout every day of the year and there are tons of ways to do so!

Here are five easy ways to relieve some stress:

1. Drink Some Warm Coffee or Tea.

Drinking a warm drink like coffee or hot tea can really help to decrease a person’s stress. One reason for this is because of the warmth that a mug has with your hands when holding it. The warmth from the drink mimics human touch, which is something people need when they are sad or stressed. Having something warm on you or if you just drink something warm it can truly lessen your stress and relax your muscles and mind.

2. Try To Meditate During Your Free Time.

Meditation is hard. I’ve tried to do it and focus and relax, but it takes some time to start perfecting. Although, after understanding how to meditate, it can relieve your stress and relax your mind and stop all of the stressful and possibly painful thoughts going through a person’s mind. If you can meditate even once a week, it can really help to decrease strain in your daily life.

3. Take Breaks.

There is nothing wrong with taking a day for yourself whether this day is a day off from work and school or it’s just a day you set aside to relax and just unwind after a busy lifestyle. Everyone needs a break because nobody can survive healthily if they keep going and going without stopping for a moment for themselves.

4. Just Hang out With A Friend.

Hanging out with friends can be kind of stressful, but hanging out with one friend has been proven to help decrease a person’s stress because it is just one person and it is not as overwhelming as a group. Hanging with one friend you love and trust for a day or even a few hours helps to limit the amount of stress. Talking to this friend can also help with your stress if you just need a venting buddy.

5. Read, Read, Read.

Take a book off of your bookshelf and just lay in bed and read. Reading helps to relax the mind as a person delves into a new world of fiction in their book and forgets their stress in the real world. Reading definitely helps to relieve some stress and also helps to increase a person’s happiness. Just make sure the book that you choose to read isn’t a textbook!

Stress is not something to take likely as there are a ton of health issues that can arise if stress is not properly taken care of with, possibly, some of the tips listed above. Wintertime also tends to be more stressful for some people either financially or mentally because of Christmas and loneliness. Please take care of yourself because no one should deal with constant stress.