5 Easy Steps To Get Organized

5 Easy Steps To Get Organized

Simple tips to have a peaceful semester.
4

Second semester has arrived and it is time to start getting back into the swing of things. To me, a new semester is like a fresh start. You've had all of winter break to reboot and prepare for what's ahead. Sometimes this point in time can be stressful, with starting off fresh and not knowing exactly what to expect. Below are a five things that you can do before the semester gets into full swing to cleanse from the past and get ready for what's to come.

1. Go through your email.

Now I don't just mean delete a few emails you no longer need. Take the time and go through mailing lists, unsubscribe from the ones you no longer want to be a part of or maybe change the settings so you don't get an influx of emails from the same company. Organize your inbox and make folders if you don't already have some, maybe one for school, one for work, etc.

2. Look through your contacts.

When is the last time you have really gone through your contacts and see who you need and don't need anymore? Take a few minutes and see if there is anybody who you can delete who is no longer a part of your life, or if any contacts need updating! Out with the old and more room for the new.

3. Clean up your desktop.

I don't know about you, but I cannot function with clutter. Some people have their desktops scattered with word documents and pictures everywhere. Try to delete a few things you no longer need and make folders for things you need to save. When you open your computer up to a clean desktop, there won't be any panicking and you can get done what you need to, while easily accessing everything.

4. Get rid of old notes and textbooks.

If it isn't something that you need for your major and you aren't going to use it again, get rid of it! There is no need to keep things laying around just because you don't know what to do with it. You can donate or sell your old books, and if you don't need those old notes, to the garbage can they go!

5. Get a planner.

There is nothing worse then missing an event simply because you completely forgot about it. Get a planner if you don't have one already and write down all the important events and things you need to know about. Birthdays, meetings, vacations.. put it all down! This way you will never be unaware of anything going on, no more excuses for missing something!