5 Easy Recipes To Sneak In More Nutrients

Impress your friends with these easy recipes.
2
1. Brownies
Ingredients:

1 can black beans (drained)
1 1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/2 cup cacao or carob powder
2 Tbs flax ground
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs vanilla
3/4 cup quick oats
Topping: 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips and/or chopped nut

Steps:

1. Grind oatmeal in food processor until smooth
2.Add dates, black beans and rest of ingredients (except topping) until smooth, adding in water or non-dairy milk if necessary to create a smooth, well blended consistency
3.Spread batter evenly over a greased 8x8 inch brownie pan
4.Bake at 350 degrees F for 0-35 minutes, until desired gooeyness
5.Serve with banana ice cream

2. Chicken Wings
Ingredients:

1 cup water or non-dairy milk
1 cup flour (any kind will work, even gluten free!)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 head cauliflower, chopped into pieces
1 cup BBQ sauce (or buffalo or any hot sauce)

Steps:
1. Combine the water or non-dairy milk, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined
2. Coat the cauliflower pieces with the slower mixture and place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Bake for 18-20 minutes (until cauliflower is cooked and breading looks crispy)
3. Let cauliflower cool about 5 minutes and then fold them in a bowl with BBQ sauce
4. Bake another 5-8 minutes on parchment paper
5. Serve with vegan ranch dressing and celery sticks.

3. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Ingredients:
5 frozen bananas
5 fresh kale leaves, destemmed
7 fresh mint leaves
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup vegan chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or whatever topping you like! (try with cocoa powder and peanut butter!)

Steps:
1. Wait for bananas to be ripe, with brown spots, but not too mushy
2. Peel and freeze 6 hours or over night
3. Put greens in first so that they blend smoothly, put bananas on top and process until smooth and creamy.

• Takes about 5 minutes

4. Spaghetti and Marinara
Spaghetti

2-3 Zucchinis, peeled with a potato peeler or spiraled with a spiraler
Marinara

1 tomato
1 tablespoon or more of Italian Seasoning (to taste)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 red onion
2-4 dates (depending on how sweet you like it)
2 oz (apx 1/3 cup) sun dried tomato
Blend in a high speed blender until smooth
5. Overnight Muesli
Ingredients

½ cup quick or rolled oats
½ cup liquid: (water, non-dairy milk, orange juice)
1 Tbs chia seeds
2 Tbs raisins
1 apple, grated or chopped
optional: 1 tsp vanilla and cinnamon

Combine ingredients in a bowl, mix well and let sit in the fridge covered overnight.