5 Desserts that Make Disney the Most "Decadent" Place on Earth

Just when you thought things couldn't get sweeter!

18
Marla Scacchitti

When most people think about Walt Disney World, they imagine long lines, hot weather, and stressed out parents. For myself, Disney has some of the best restaurants and snacks known to man. But of course, you do not have to listen to me, but I promise you that if you choose to read on, I can show you the best of the best when it comes to eating dessert at Walt Disney World. Here are a few of my favorites:

Basically anything from Starring Rolls Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Located next to the Brown Derby restaurant, this little café has a lot to offer in the line of sweets. Whether you are in the mood for a cupcake or a delicious little fruit tart, Starring Rolls will be sure to have something to satisfy your sweet-tooth. How can this get any better you ask? Well, let me explain: If you happen to take advantage of the Disney Dining Plans, these treats will not cost you their 4-6 dollar price tag. For only the cost of one of your daily snack vouchers, you can order any pastry there!

Wontons at Animal Kingdom’s the Yak and Yeti . . . Plus their Mango Pie!

The Yak and Yeti is my sister’s absolute favorite place to eat in Walt Disney World. And there is no denying that they have some of the most magical desserts you could possibly eat. Personally, I prefer their cream cheese wontons; they are basically to die for! Each wonton is skewered between a delicious chunks of freshly grilled pineapple, drizzled with icing, and served with a cool scoop of vanilla ice cream. It is the perfect pairing of sweet and savory.

If you were my sister, you would make the argument that the Yak’s mango pie simply amazing. This pie is enclosed in a shortbread cookie crust and served alongside a perfectly sweetened strawberry and mango salsa. And it only gets better from there: The pie is then topped with fresh whipped cream and a raspberry and mango coulis. (She always asks for extra raspberry to give that tartness an extra special place on her dish.)

Chocolate Lava Cake from Bongo’s Cuban Café at Disney Spring’s.

For those of you who only eat Domino’s Pizza to get that super gooey chocolate dessert, Bongo’s is the place you will want to be. I am not saying that this dessert might be better because there is no comparison. Inside this chocolate cake is a fountain of decadent fudge waiting to be released. This cake is perfect for the chocolate lover in all of us. Add that to the fun Cuban music and dancing in the restaurant, you are basically in paradise.

The Olaf Cupcake at the ABC Commissionary.

Not only is this dessert adorable, it is quite delicious as well. It is a chocolate cupcake with marshmallow topping shaped to look like everyone’s favorite snowman. Normally, chocolate is not my favorite cake flavor, but it was so moist and paired perfectly with the marshmallow frosting. There was no resisting this Frozen inspired dessert.

Not everyone is a dessert lover, but they should be. And Walt Disney World is not only the happiest place on Earth, but is the most decadent place on Earth, too!