5 Common Things People Keep in Their Wallet

There are a few essentials you need to bring with you every time you leave the house. These could include your keys, purse, backpack, and especially your wallet. While wallets are an essential to bring with you, you may not know what to keep inside.

27
Common Things People Keep

Should you keep cash with you? Should you bring more than one form of identification? Should you bring insurance cards? If you’re not sure what you should be keeping in your wallet, this guide is for you! Here are the top five most common things people keep in their wallets!

1. At Least One Form of Identification

If you’re going to carry anything with you when you leave the house, carry at least one form of identification. Having your I.D. is necessary for a range of daily tasks. For instance, if you’re buying something with a credit card, or purchasing nicotine or alcohol, you’ll need to prove your age.

You may also need your I.D. for other tasks like buying a car, getting approved for renting, and much more. Not only is your I.D. important for everyday tasks, but it’s also critical in the event of an emergency.

For instance, if you get pulled over, need to make a large purchase, get into an accident, or experience an emergency injury and need immediate medical attention, having your identification on you can save a lot of time. Authorities will be able to know who you are and then call your loved ones right away.

In most cases, a driver’s license is the best form of I.D. to carry in your wallet. If you’re looking to carry more than one form, you can bring a student identification card or an employee identification card. Some also like to carry a social security card to prove legal residence.

2. Your Debit and Credit Cards

In addition to having at least one form of identification on you, it’s important to have money. For most people, a debit or credit card is their main source of finances! Unless you use cash for most of your purchases, most people carry a debit or credit card to draw funds directly from their bank account and pay for items or services.

Carry one debit card and one credit card in your wallet. In case your debit card isn’t working, you can use your credit card to complete your purchase. This comes in handy in the event of an emergency as well. For example, if your car breaks down and you need to get a rental car, having a credit card can be a big help. Plus, having access to funds while you’re on the go is essential!

3. Emergency Cash

Debit and credit cards are excellent tools to bring with you on the go. However, it’s also important to have a small amount of cash. While it’s rare, there are some places that only take cash. If you’re stuck and need to purchase something, having a bit of cash on you can be a big help.

In addition, cash is great in times of emergency. If machines are down and you need to make a purchase for food or gas, having cash on you can help you be prepared. When it comes to how much cash you should keep on you, don’t go overboard. Having anywhere between 20, 50, or 100 dollars in your wallet in the event of an emergency should be enough.

4. Auto and Health Insurance Cards or Information

Having your insurance cards in your wallet is almost as important as having a form of identification on you. If you get into an accident, get pulled over, or need immediate medical attention, having your insurance information in your wallet and ready to go can make your treatment go faster.

5. Your Membership Cards

For convenience, keep any membership cards you use in your wallet with you. This can include rewards cards for convenience or grocery stores, gym membership cards, and more! Don’t leave your cards at home and miss out on the points or rewards from shopping! Keep them in your wallet for easy access.

The Best Wallets for Safekeeping

There are many things to keep in your wallet that can help your day to day activities go smoother. However, much of this information is private and needs to be kept secure. There are a range of wallets for safekeeping that offer different features depending on your needs. From a slim fit to extra storage and zipper security, you can find the best wallet for you.