5 Campus Resources You Should Be Using

5 Campus Resources You Should Be Using

These services will make your college life less stressful.

74
5 Campus Resources You Should Be Using
UMD Storage

Everyone knows the struggles of being a college student. Late nights in the library, last minute studying for exams, and even the occasional dose of procrastination that is hard to avoid. But does it really have to be so hard? There are so many resources on college campuses that are available for students to utilize. So, do yourself a favor and try some of these options out.

1. Professor Office Hours

This is one of the best resources to use during the semester. When I first started college, I was a little reluctant to visit my professors during office hours, but it can be a huge help. Whether you've got a quick question or need help writing an essay, most professors are actually willing to make sure you succeed in their classes. Honestly, a lot of students don't utilize office hours so if you stop by chances are they will be happy just to interact with a student.

2. Campus Health Services

This is another resource that you should utilize, specifically the counselors. The counseling services are included in your tuition at most schools, which is all the more reason why you should take advantage of this. There is so much stigma around going to see a counselor, but it really is normal. Your mental health is super important when going through the stress of college, and I highly recommend paying a visit to campus health if you feel the need!

3. Tutoring Services

Another academic resource that you can utilize is tutoring services. If you're struggling with a particular class, there are students who are willing to tutor you. Take advantage of this as soon as you can, because spots may fill up fast.

4. Speaking/Writing Center

This is a resource that is sometimes overlooked. If your campus has a speaking or writing center you should definitely check it out. They will help you prepare for papers and presentations, something that is very important if you are taking speaking intensive or writing intensive classes.

5. Career Services

Career services is another important resource that you can utilize throughout your college experience. Whether you need to build your resume, practice mock interviews, or plan for a career, this is your go-to service. This is definitely something you should take advantage of in order to get ahead in planning for the future.

These are five important campus resources that you should utilize if you aren't already. Whether studying for an individual class or planning for your whole future, these services are free to help you make college less stressful.