5 Black Panther Quotes To Pay Attention To

Five quotes from Black Panther that could use further inspection.

2811
All Free Wallpaper
SPOILER ALERT: Major Spoilers for Black Panther ahead

By now everyone has heard of the new Marvel Studio's movie, Black Panther. According to Box Office Mojo, the movie made $202 million in its 3 days opening weekend totals and after two weekends its domestic total is up to $400+ million. It is a revolutionary film in a time where race can seem to divide our country. However, the political statements and issues that rise from this film are just one piece of what makes this an amazing film. Here are five quotes from the movie that make it impossible to deny the film's brilliance:

1. "Please don't make me listen to your music." - Martin Freeman as Everett K. Ross

A line that might often be overlooked is one uttered by Martin Freeman as Everett K. Ross as he is confronted by Ulysses Klaue in the casino scene. One that is small but holds weight to it because of its comedic timing in the movie as well as the relate-ability factor. We all have that one friend who we get in the car with and think about saying the exact same line to.

2. "Hi Auntie" - Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger

Maybe not a line that stuck out to you upon first viewing the film, but important nonetheless. This quote is from Micheal B. Jordan's character, Erik Killmonger. It is a line delivered on the heels of finding out that T'Challa's father, King T'Chaka, killed his brother, N'Jabu, who is later revealed to be Erik Killmonger's father. After such a revelation in the movie it would be easy for the film to keep a serious tone in the scene but Killmonger chose otherwise. He delivers the line to T'Challa's mother who is Killmonger's aunt. This quote is important in showing the raw power and brutal honesty that Micheal B. Jordan's character posses. Later, we will take a look at another line that develops Killmonger as one of the best characters in this film.

3. "You are a good man, with a good heart. And it's hard for a good man to be a king." - John Kani as King T'Chaka

This line comes from the part of the film where T'Challa goes and visits his father in the spiritual world. Great wisdom comes from this quote and is very relevant to today. In any place in the world anymore, it seems almost impossible for the good guy to win as a leader. The mass media and opposing factions tend to tear our leaders down no matter what they do. This quote holds true on that basis and helps further the overarching message of the film and political climate we now face.

4. “In times of crisis, the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.”

- Chadwick Boseman as King T'Challa aka Black Panther

Cut to the mid-credit scene and you can hear this beautiful declaration given by T'Challa in addressing the United Nations. As a nation and as a world this quote will always be true. Those who wish to take the wise path will build bridges to help those around them. But others will chose to build barriers that further divide us as a human race. It is important to remember that even though we differ in opinions, creed, race and religion, we still have one thing in common, we are all human.

5. “Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from the ships. Because they knew death was better than bondage.”

- Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger

Here are the famous last words of Killmonger that will leave you in your seat speechless. As the racial piece to this movie is woven throughout the film, it is at this point that it takes center stage and leaves you in true agony. As Erik Killmonger gives his last breath he gives this final monologue to King T'Challa and it is beautifully written.

Sometimes as a country I feel we do forget the significance of slavery and the impact it had and continues to have on the lives of those affected by it. These words give a final serenade to the audience as Killmonger speaks them when he takes out the blade, killing himself in the process. This line hits hard and goes to show how well the villain of Killmonger was written. Solidifying him as one of the best Marvel villains of all time.

There is a list of 5 of the most memorable Black Panther quotes, cementing itself as one of the most influential and inspiring Marvel movies to date. Some of them funny and some of them so applicable it stings. I hope you have enjoyed and remember, "Wakanda Forever!"