5 Binge-Worthy TV Shows To Ease Your Quarantine Blues

With not much else to do, binge-watching has become our primary job.

21

If you're a binge-watcher like me, there's a good chance that at this point in our national social distancing efforts you have watched (and possibly re-watched) all of your favorite shows on Netflix. I mean, there's not a lot else to do when you're trapped indoors for days at a time. If I don't have to get off the couch for anything other than snacks, I am not moving.

So really, there's no better time to hunker down and choose one of these binge-worthy shows to keep you company. Think of it as doing your due diligence. So grab a snack, a drink (gotta stay hydrated), and a comfy blanket and settle in to binge-watch one of these fun and funny shows.

1. Brooklyn Nine Nine

This show might still be running, but there are plenty of episodes to keep you watching for a few days. You'll laugh, cry, and fall in love with every single character, even Hitchcock. Okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but every character on this show is gold. Plus who doesn't love cameos by Cheddar, Captain Holt's adorable corgi?

2. Schitt's Creek

"Schitt's Creek" has finally started to catch on in the states and of course, it's in its final season. I have to admit, the first season was a bit rough and I wasn't in love with it, but the first episode of season two had me hooked and I quickly caught up to real-time after that. The characters are a bit crazy and over the top but at its core, "Schitt's Creek" is about family. If you are missing yours right now, just pretend you're an adopted Rose for a few days. I mean, I'm sure we all feel a bit like David right now.

3. Bob's Burgers

Speaking of families, you could always spend some time with the best animated family, the Belchers. Even though we might all feel like Louise right now, this hilarious and heartwarming show will take your mind off the insane outside world for a few days. This show is also still running, but it's one that I never get tired of re-watching.

4. Malcolm in the Middle

"Malcolm in the Middle" might be a throwback show but it is still one of the funniest shows that has ever been on television. And, it's pretty heartwarming at times once you get past all the yelling. A few episodes of this series is guaranteed to make you feel way better about your (most likely not as dysfunctional) family, especially since you probably did not expect to be stuck indoors with them for the foreseeable future.

5. What's New, Scooby-Doo?

This is another MAJOR throwback, but if you're not excited that the entirety of "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" is on Netflix then we can't be friends. This show shaped many of our childhoods and it still stands the test of time. Plus if the whole show's lesson that the real monsters are just people isn't apropos for our current situation, I don't know what is.

This is not an easy time for anyone, but hopefully binge-watching one of these shows will brighten your week. Or days, because let's be honest, with not much else to do, binge-watching has become our main job.

Stay safe, stay inside, and binge-watch to your heart's content!

From Your Site Articles