5 Biggest Pet Peeves You Encounter In College

Why are college kids the way that they are ?

97

In college being easy going and down to earth is sometimes extremely difficult especially when college is one big melting pot of new people who come from different walks of life. An although most of us might consider ourselves as pretty patient person, everyone gets annoyed at some things. Here are 5 pet peeves pertaining to college that are hard for me to let go.

1. Starbucks Booths and Study Rooms.... need I say more

If you go to The University of Tampa then you know. Nothing is more aggravating than walking in to Starbucks, ready to start your study hours for your sorority, living life, getting your favorite drink, etc. BUT THEN... having to find a seat. You're creeping around, "aww no that seats taken" or "that seat is too close to that person"... but then you see it... the booth or study room with ONE PERSON IN THEM. I'm sorry but PLEASE don't do this. Do not be this person. Let the group sit at the booth or in the study room. Not your single body taking up any last hope I had of finding a place to sit and do my homework peacefully. Please don't do it.

2. Bikers on the sidewalks

I will admit that I might be slightly jealous of you for getting more exercise/ being more talented than me. But its called a sidewalk for a reason. In order to dodge you all, I should have eyes in the back of my head. If you're a biker or a skater, don't assume I can hear you coming from behind because most likely I won't and some sh!$ is about to go down aka one of us getting pummeled to the ground.

3. People who walk on the left side of anything

For some reason I thought walking on the right hand side of anything was something everyone learned since preschool. For example, In the hall, on the road, on the sidewalk....(I think I have a lot of built up anger over sidewalks). But college kids who were smart enough to get into Tampa somehow still don't know this common curtesy and walk on their left side straight at you like you're not even there. Please people. Always walk on the right side of the sidewalk unless you are trying to dodge another dumb person walking on the wrong side. Its better for everyone that way.

4. The University of Tampa "Privileged" Student

Tampa is known to have some wealthy students, and I would say a lot of them don't understand the real world. I am not going to say much more but it would be nice to see you smile once in a while and be friendly back to me.

5. People who don't go to class

Obviously if you don't go to class once or twice a professor understands. But if you constantly are not showing up and are not doing well and you are questioning the professor, you're in the wrong. Not them. Nothing makes me sadder when only 10 kids show up to class one day. I know the Professor is getting paid, but they should be able to teach the subject that they love to people who actually care about what they have to say.