5 Bible Verses To Help You Through Finals

It's that time of year.

27

For many high school students and my fellow college students, it’s time for end of semester finals. This usually is a difficult time for many, whether you’re a student who makes school seem like a breeze, or if you’re a student who struggles in most, if not all, of your classes. This is a time that our stress can get the best of us and we become overwhelmed with our schedules while our soul and our faith often ends up underwhelmed.

It’s easy to get so caught up in finals and in the assumption of the negative outcome that we sometimes expect, but this semester, let’s get caught up in the word that God has given us. Let’s take a breath together and handle these finals and exams the right way. Let’s dive deeper into what has been given to us, as a gift, to use for a time such as this.

Matthew 6:33-34

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Isaiah 40:30-31

“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Isaiah 41:9-10

“I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant’; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Philippians 3:13-14

“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

Exodus 35:31

“and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills-”

I don’t personally know you or know the amount of work that you have on your plate for the days of finals ahead. I do know that we have a merciful and graceful God who has blessed us enough to have an education. Take these next days in stride. Trust yourself, trust your preparation, and the rest will fall into place. Please don’t just send up a prayer real quick before you begin your exams and expect God to do the rest. Study, prepare, and watch your hard work pay off.

Trust God’s plan for your life and don’t forget that the outcome of finals does not determine your entire life. Although at times, it seems quite possible that they do, God’s plan for your life is greater and better than anything you could plan on your own. Best of luck friends, you’re in my prayers.