Best 'Friends' Episodes

5 Best Friends Episodes

The most iconic episodes of the most iconic television show.

42
5 Best Friends Episodes

If you haven't seen the hit comedy TV show Friends, here are some good episodes to watch. These all are at the peak of sitcom excellence and are guaranteed to make you laugh. So sit back, grab some popcorn and let this list help you get to watching some great television.

5. The One With The Jellyfish

Episode 4x01

Google Images

This is one of those special episodes where the gang travels outside of the apartment and the coffee shop. We all remember this episode for Phoebe getting the birth mom bombshell, Rachel and Ross getting back together for almost a day, and best of all the jellyfish. Phoebe brings the friends along to the beach in order to learn about her father, just to find out that she had another secret parent no one told her about. This led to hilarious hijinks as Phoebe breaks into her mom's house and forces the truth out of her. Another storyline, of course is the infamous Roschel love story. They both admit that still have the feels for each other, however when Rachel writes a letter - 4 and a half pages (FRONT AND BACK), no less - things quickly fall apart, and they end up back apart in epic fashion. Finally, back at the beach Monica ends up getting stung by a pesky jellyfish. With Chandler and Joey with her, the trio tries to hide their deep dark secret, alas to no avail. The truth comes out a little at a time as we discover it was Joey who relieved Monica of her pain. A moment that the characters nor the audience will ever forget.

4. The One Where Ross Got High

Episode 6x09

Google Images

Who can forget this gem of an episode? First off, it's a part of the Thanksgiving series which has arguably some of the best episodes of the whole show. We are blessed with the appearance of Mr. and Mrs. Gellar who we discover don't have a strong liking to our Chandler Bing, much to the dismay of Mondler fans. Soon we find out the truth behind their distaste, as Ross had gotten high as a college student and blamed it on his roomie Chandler. Meanwhile, Rachel is doing her best to create a delicious English Trifle for the festivities. Unfortunately, Ross and Joey realize that the Cook Book was really showing her a Shepherds Pie as well. The gang tries to hide their disgust for the not so tasty treat, but it soon comes out when Ross and Monica get in their legendary fight. And of course Ross spills the beans about his sister and Chandler living together, but no worries, the Gellar's end up on Chandler's side after all!

3. The One With All Of The Resolutions

Episode 5x11

Google Images

This episode is the perfect mix of comedy and cringe. The gang make all make declarations to make the new year the best one yet. Joey decides to get help from Phoebe to learn guitar, but she has some strange teaching methods. We did learn that it's best not to touch a guitar when you are trying to learn, but that seemed obvious. Next, Rachel promises not to be a gossip. But that can't last long when she overhears Mondler on the phone exposing their secret love affair, and subsequent nicknames. And finally there is our poor Ross, who like most of us thinks that every year is "our year" until it isn't. It only took him two days and he's already lost his leather pants and gotten kicked out of his date's apartment. But at least his son thinks he's a cowboy!

2. The One Where Ross Is Fine

Episode 10x02

Google Images

Ross is really fine, no really. He just wants to make fajitas and give love toasts to his ex-girlfriend and his best friend, no biggie. This episode is where Ross discovers the new couple of Rachel and Joey smooching in their apartment. It's a bit awkward at first until they make dinner party plans, then it's really awkward. Charlie, Ross's girlfriend, joins the fun at the party where a certain someone has a little too much margarita's and burns his hands on a fajita plate. We all learn what L.O.V.E stands for and also that Santa isn't real (thanks Chandler!). In the end, it seems to be smooth sailing for all at least until the next episode. This is a truly great light-hearted episode to bring a lot of laughs to your day.

1. The Last One

Episode 10x17

Google Images

For the best episode, we have to get a bit sentimental. This finale left all Friends fans feeling all the feels and shedding at least a few tears. We get to see the gang find their happy endings as our golden couple, Monica and Chandler, get to watch their baby - or rather, "twins! twins!" - be born. Meanwhile, Rachel is off to the airport to jet off to Paris forever. But the ultimate Roschel shippers Joey and Phoebe won't let their OTP die that easy. Phoebe rushes Ross to the terminal, where he finally confesses his undying love. Sadly, Rachel walks away, letting the audience believe that this couple is done for good. Only for us to get the iconic line, "I got off the plane", as we get the endgame we deserve. The show ends with the friends giving up their keys and heading off to Central Perk for the last time. It would only be a perfect ending if it wasn't so bittersweet to say goodbye.