5 Healthy Ways You Use Tea Tree Oil

5 Healthy Ways You Use Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil can be used for just about anything.

55
5 Healthy Ways You Use Tea Tree Oil
Mylittleme

As someone who is crazy about all things health and beauty, I love finding new home remedies that are not only effective but also cheaper than what you can find in the store. That is why I love using tea tree oil; it has helped me minimize the acne on my face. The great thing about buying a bottle of tea tree oil is that a little goes a super long way. Tea tree oil can be used for just about anything.

1. It clears up acne.

This is my personal favorite. I wash my face with black soap nightly and afterward, I use a cotton pad to clean my face with the oil. I use the Jason 100% Organic Australian purifying oil, which does have a slight smell to it but that is only because it's natural. The oil helps to clean out the pores and catch any dirt the face wash might not have caught. The one thing you might experience with putting tea tree oil on your face is dryness. That is why it is super important to moisturize afterward.

There are tons of recipes for homemade face washes and masks which utilize tea tree oil. I mix together a few drops of tea tree oil, some honey, green tea leaves, and some brown sugar - the brown sugar turns the mask into a scrub.

2. It's great for keeping a healthy head of hair.

For hair, I use the Hollywood Beauty brand of tea tree oil. Putting tea tree oil on your scalp and hair helps to fight dry, itchy, flaky scalps and prevents dandruff. It also helps to prevent breakage and restore damaged hair. You can also use it to cure lice. There are also tons of recipes for homemade shampoo and conditioner containing tea tree oil. I recommend just doing a hot oil treatment with tea tree oil because sometimes mixing ingredients can take away the full effect of the oil.

3. You can take care your teeth with it.

Tea tree oil is great for fighting bacteria and inflamed skin. Adding a drop of the oil to your toothpaste before brushing can help reduce gum bleeding and prevent tooth decay. You can mix a drop with your mouthwash for a fresher mouth - just don't swallow. A common recipe for toothpaste is mixing tea tree oil, coconut oil, and baking soda for a fresher mouth and whiter smile. Tea tree oil can also be used to clean your toothbrush by mixing a couple drops with water and allowing your toothbrush to soak in it.

4. Body odor is a thing of the past.

Tea tree oil is great at killing odors because it eliminates the bacteria that causes body odor. You can make your own deodorant by mixing tea tree oil, coconut oil, and baking soda. Just adding a few drops to the armpits and genital area can get rid of the bacteria interacting with the sweat glands producing odor.

5. It's also a safe household cleaner.

Because of that same bacteria-killing element, tea tree oil is a great all-purpose cleaner that can be used around the house. It is completely natural, and therefore you can actually eat off your counters after cleaning them, unlike all the other chemical cleaners we use. Mix tea tree oil, water, and distilled vinegar together - shake well and use for all types of cleaning. You can even add a few drops to your laundry to boost the cleaning effect.

There are a million other ways to use tea tree oil around the house and also tons of homemade recipes for utilizing tea tree oil on the Internet!