5 Bands That More People Should Listen To

Because everyone could use a little more music.

27
TR7 Music

If you're anything like me, you like to listen to music because of how it makes you feel not because of the popularity of the band or artist. But I'm sure you then had the same thoughts as I did, and those thoughts were "why isn't this band more popular" or "why don't people who like the mainstream stuff know about them?"

Some artists are definitely far too underrepresented because their genre or style doesn't completely fall into the mainstream cycle. But should that really determine if they are good or not? I don't think so.

Because those bands aren't played with the more popular music, the are often left with a smaller fan base. To get people interested in other artists, I actually have thought of a few bands that I think more people should listen to.

Patent Pending

Originating from New York, believe it or not, this band has a decently large fan base, but unfortunately there are still a lot of people who have never heard of them. Personally, from seeing them perform and listening to them, I can compare them to bands like All Time Low. They have a similar sound and have songs with interesting and funny lyrics such as "Hey Mario," and "She's a Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas". But they also have songs that are more meaningful and influential like the song "Brighter." Patent Pending brings humor and compassion to their music giving people something exciting to listen to.

Our Last Night

Our Last Night is one of those bands you didn't think you'd like but you do because let's face it, the vocals are pretty fantastic. Though they are mostly known for their covers, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Their covers are fantastic; they've colored so many song too like Maps (Maroon 5), Cold Water (Justin Bieber) and Toxic (Britney Spears) as well as many others. But that doesn't mean their originals are good. In fact, their originals are incredible and filled with meaningful lyrics.

Ice Nine Kills

I honestly think Ice Nine Kills my be the most underestimated band on this list. After their latest album "Every Trick in the Book" released, their fanbase did increase but not as much as I expected. That album was incredible, it was all based off important and influence literate. They are clever in their style and the kind of music they play. They stage presence is pretty great too. To be honest, once of my favorite things about Ice Nine Kills is the almost vintage style they carry upon themselves while presenting a rather new age style of music to their fans.

Set It Off

To be honest, Set It Off might be more of the more popular bands on this list, but they could still have bigger fan base. They have an upbeat, pop-punk style that's presented by the band's bubbly and crazy personalities. Set It Off is also one of those bands who are always up to something strange. They post videos on youtube pretty often where they crazy things like play silly games or do some crazy stunts. Their lyrics are also incredible; I'm sure you can find one song of theirs that you'll fall in complete love with.

Vanna

I've recently just gotten into Vanna, but they've quickly stolen a piece of my heart. Their lyrics are deep and meaningful and their songs will definitely get stuck in your head for days. Their vocalist's heartwarming story of live will draw you in as well. When you need something on the heavier side but with heart breaking or heart-felt lyrics, this is the band for you. Vanna brings a fresh new breath to their side of the music scene. Explore more of their music, and their newest album, "All Hell." You'll fall in love with it, just like I did.

There are many more bands I could have added to this list. But these are the top five that I think people need to listen to. All of these artists are amazing in their own way and have caught my eyes and ears from their sound and lyrics. I think you'll love them just as much as I do. Check them out, I really don't think you'll be disappointed.