5 Annoying Things to be Thankful for This Season

Thankfulness

19
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/21/636468407488217004-1614104566_635836409870803983-1761822689_Thankful.jpg

1. Hovering Parents

Nothing can get on your nerves as fast as your parents asking you 100 questions, all at the same time, with only .5 seconds to answer them each before the next one comes along. They hover over your shoulder when you're home for the weekend and constantly ask "Who are you talking to?" "What website are you on?" "Did your phone just go off?" "Don't you have homework to be doing?" "Made any new friends or met anyone special?" The list goes on, but be thankful that they take the time to talk to you. However annoying this may be sometimes, be thankful that they hover. Be thankful that they ask questions. Be thankful that they care enough to know what's going on in your life. Many kids have parents who are too busy with their own lives to ask or don't have parents at all so, next time they ask an "annoying" question, just think about how life would be without them and just answer.

2. Gaining a Few Extra Pounds

So easy to do and so hard to get rid of. Once you've gained 1 or 2, it's easy to pack on a few more with that one extra slice of cake, that one extra chicken nugget or that one extra bag of chips. It's frustrating to watch how easy a little bit of fat can be added on and frustrating to watch the scale number move up as your confidence moves down. But guess what? Be thankful for those few extra pounds. Why? Because it means you have enough food to eat and means you never go hungry. This world is a sad and malnourished place for many so be thankful that you aren't one of them. Be thankful you aren't one of the many adults going hungry just so your kids have a meal or be thankful you aren't a child slowly but surely starving to death and worrying about where your next meal will come from. Be thankful for all that fattening food that helps you go to sleep at night with a full tummy.

3. Staying Later at Work

You might as well start taking your dinner to work because your boss has been keeping you so late the last few days. And forget about watching your favorite television show that comes on every Tuesday at 6 because you'll be spending your night in the office. You can also forget about going on that movie date because work needs you to stay a little longer on Saturday. Annoying, exhausting, and it just plain sucks. Or does it? Just another pest to be thankful for because many are scrounging around for money from the lack of jobs. Unemployment, even for those with college degrees, is scarce and although it's improving, many are still without. Be thankful you have a job to pay the bills every month even if it's barely getting by because many aren't getting by at all. Be thankful for those extra hours on the clock because that extra money could potentially pay the electric bill, get groceries or be set aside for Christmas presents. Be thankful for those long hours that are improving your work ethic and making you an all around hard worker. And be thankful you're making money to support yourself or your family.

4. Know it All Siblings

This goes without explaining. The phrase says it all. The little brats that run around tattling on you, hitting you, taking your clothes, or stealing your food are definitely something to be thankful for. Who would you have gone to the movies with last weekend if you didn't have a sister? Who would have played outside with you if you didn't have a brother? Who would have given you a ride when you were younger if it weren't for your older siblings? Or gone to get ice cream with you when you were having a tough day? They may be annoying and God knows they can push your buttons but siblings, even the know it all kind, are something to be thankful for. Be thankful that you can always count on them and can always find a true friend in them because they've got your back when nobody else does and they'll defend you when you aren't around.

5. Messy Room/House

Messes just give unnecessary anxiety. The unorganized closet drives you crazy, the dishes in the sink make you want to break them, the dirty floor makes you want to stomp all over it and the unmade bed just makes you just want to give up. You've had a long day and just can't handle the messiness. But even here, you can find something to be thankful for. Be thankful for the roof over your head every day and night. Be thankful for a cool/warm place to go when the seasons change. Be thankful that you have a bed to sleep in and an actual floor to walk on. Be thankful you have those kids/roommates/husbands/wives even if they do create a few messes along the way. Just be thankful you have a place to make a mess in because there are many who don't.