5 Advantages of Going to a Small University

Small schools have so much to offer.

364
Wikipedia

Attending a small university over a large state school offers a whole different kind of college experience; sure, the campus may not be bombarded with thousands of kids every minute of every day, but you never have to worry about becoming lost in the crowd. Here are five advantages of going to a small university:

1. Your professors get to know you.

One of the obvious perks of attending a small university is the ability to connect with your professors on a personal level. You have the opportunity to form valuable relationships with them that can benefit you in the future. If you're struggling with a concept, they're always there to guide you.

2. You see the same people on campus daily.

Unlike large universities that have thousands of kids milling around campus regularly, students who attend small schools never have to worry about becoming lost in a crowd. College is much less overwhelming when you don't have to worry about getting trampled by a sea of students while walking to class.

4. There's a sense of community.

While a small university may not have exciting football games to bring the college community together, there is still a multitude of events on campus available to unite students, faculty, and staff members. There's a sense of community at small universities that can't be matched by larger schools.

5. Small class sizes.

Smaller class sizes mean more individualized attention, which is something that students attending larger universities can only dream about in classes packed with hundreds of students.