5 Activities For Spring-Breakers Staying At Home

Some fun suggestions for those students not going to the beach for spring break.

232
Eliese Haerle

For many universities nationally, spring break is approaching or is already set into gear. Many students plan out fun trips around the States, hoping their week off is filled with sunshine, beaches, and fun times. For those who don't get this stereotypical spring break experience, fear not. I have compiled a list of activities to do or try for those unable to go far for vacation.

1. Go on a hike

Yes, you can be envious of someone sunbathing on the beach, but how fun is that after about an hour into that sunburn? Go spend a day at any amusement park in the area! This can be a whole day full of fun rides, food, and people.

3. Try out some new recipes

If you've read any of my past articles, you'd know I'm a foodie and love trying out new recipes. What better time to do that than spring break? Try having a fresh recipe every night for dinner or maybe every morning for breakfast. Not only do you get the joy of experimenting, but you'll also have some new dishes you can show off to your friends when they get back.

4. Look up top things to do in your area

That's right, like I mentioned earlier, Google is your best friend. I do this all the time, especially when I have friends visiting. Some of the activities that come up are really touristy, but honestly, you end up having a good time. You can also look things up on Groupon and take a friend or family member on a discounted adventure.

5. Work

OK, you caught me, this particular suggestion may not sound as fun or exciting. However, think about all the extra cash you'd be making. While all your friends spent their money on their expensive spring break, you made some spending money you can use for the last few months of school, I consider that fun.

6. Start a project

My go to is always knitting, but it doesn't have to be yours. Try maybe making some sort of video project or maybe a journal. It's honestly up to you, but starting some sort of project is always a great way to kill time and accomplish something.

7. Clean out your closet

You know that one outfit you haven't worn since your freshman year of high school? Yeah, get rid of it. In fact, go through your entire closet and clean out all the clothes your either don't wear anymore or that just don't fit. Not only do you have a whole bunch of room for new clothes, but you also earn some brownie points from your mom for doing somewhat of a chore.

8. Go camping

This is something you can do at a local campground or even in your backyard. I loved just putting up a tent when I was little and camping with my family. You can tell some fun ghost stories and even roast some marshmallows.

* * *

Hopefully, those of you who read this found my suggestions helpful. Feel free to reach out and make more suggestions. Have a wonderful break!