I really wasn't feeling the new semester. Personally, I could have used another week off, and I'm sure you all feel the same way I do. I had a lot of thoughts during my first week of classes, and I bet y'all can relate. I compiled a list of my inner thoughts from the week for you all to enjoy. Here are the telltale signs you know you're back for syllabus week.
SEE ALSO: Syllabus Week, By Leslie Knope
1. Where did my break go?
2. Ugh is that my alarm?
3. Why? Just why?
4. I miss my dogs.
5. I wanna go back home.
6. Do I reeeeally need to go to this class?
8. Yeah, I should go.
9. Should I dress to impress?
10. If I need to impress them, they aren't people I want as friends anyway.
11. Why is this class so far away from my bed?
12. Why is it so cold?
13. Why is it 30 degrees?
14. Bruh, could you move a little faster?
15. I'm glad you people aren't sitting by me but I'm also offended you aren't sitting by me.
16. Phew, no icebreakers.
17. Why are books so expensive?
18. Wait, you're keeping us for the WHOLE class? On syllabus day??
19. Oh no, an icebreaker. I'm not interesting enough for this!
See also: Group Projects As Told By Parks And Rec
20. This class is never ending.
21. Surely we must be almost done, right?
22. Oh, we still have forty-five more minutes. Cool.
23. Why did I take an almost-three-hour class?
25. I'm hungry.
26. There are so many people in the dining hall.
27. THIS BUILDING IS A MAZE! WHERE IS MY CLASS?
North Quad, am I right?
28. There's my class.
29. I didn't really want this seat but I sat here so I guess I'm stuck with it for the semester.
30. My professors all seem cool. Thanks, RateMyProfessor.
31. *sees the person you don't like* *mentally makes a face at them*
32. I probably shouldn't eat this. *eats it*
33. Yay, I get to go back to my room!
34. I wish this school had 2-ply toilet paper.
Yes, I actually thought this. Several times.
35. I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this class.
I really should listen better.
36. *avoids eye contact with strangers from previous classes*
Please don't see me. Please don't see me. Please don't see me.
37. How did my desk get so messy?
38. Please turn down your music while driving through campus. You aren't cool.
39. Why do you have to answer every single one of the professor's questions?
40. Will this week ever end?
41. Aaaand it's raining.
And I don't have an umbrella.
42. It's 50 degrees in January.
43. *sits next to the only person you know in the class* *they talk to the person on their other side*
Oh, okay. Thanks.
44. I love this school.
Even if I complain about it (which I do, and often), I will always love my school.