Lazy, spoiled, selfish, arrogant, snobby, whining, rude.
These are just a few things that I have heard about Millennials in only the past couple of days.
It's extremely frustrating to, yet again, see people talk about things they don't understand. Millennials get a bad rep, and its mostly because of ignorance and misunderstanding of older generations. There have always been problems between generations. Admittedly, every generation thinks they are the best, and I am not trying to sit here and say that Millennials are the best generation (although I am a little bias). I do however think that because of things like technology, social media, etc. the generational gap is larger than ever before.
But Millennials have a lot of things going for them. So many people look at Millennials and only see the bad things. Sure we like Twitter a lot and can binge watch the shit out of Netflix, but is that really such a bad thing? Because aside from that, we are incredibly focused and driven young individuals who have our fingers on the pulse of what is happening around the world. Yes, we are a little outspoken, but that's only because we are so passionate about things- and we're not very good at being passive observers. Yeah we might cause trouble, but that's just how we get things done.
So next time you are about to trash talk a Millennial, just remember all of the qualities listed below, and remember that we all have our faults, but in stead of generations tearing each other down, we should be focusing on building each other up (and that's a two way street).
40 THINGS ABOUT MILLENNIALS THAT MAKE THEM GREAT
1. Tech savvy
2. High levels of self awareness
3. Socially and politically active
5. Great at multitasking
6. Open minded
7. Good listeners
8. Give credit where credit is due
9. Not afraid to admit their mistakes (and then learn from them)
10. Always up for a challenge
11. Don't give up easily
12. Strong awareness of current events (locally and globally)
13. Quick to adapt to new situations
14. Hard working
15. Eagerness to learn new things
16. Know how to have fun
17. Accepting of people different than them
18. Don't take anyones shit
20. Not afraid to stand up to injustice
21. Not afraid to stand up to a higher authority when they are blatantly wrong
22. Good volunteers
23. Understands the importance of mental health
24. Good communication skills
25. Appreciate old things
26. Amazing sense of humor
27. Can laugh at themselves
28. Independent (but also not afraid to ask for help when necessary)
30. Environmentally friendly
32. Knows how to work as a team
34. Easily inspired
35. Exceedingly generous (even though they're struggling too)
37. Incredibly creative and artistic
40. Constantly seeking to better themselves and the world around them