40 Questions I Have For Union College

40 Questions I Have For Union College

U, we still love you.

115
40 Questions I Have For Union College
Caroline McGuire

1. What are you doing to prepare for the future in regards to sustainability?

2. Why are there four 15-minute student parking spots next to the student center?

3. Why are you investing thousands of dollars and time into Minerva's when they clearly aren't holding their purpose?

4. How the hell did the Dutch Microwave explode?

5. Why do we lack so much diversity?

6. Do we have a squirrel problem?

7. Why do we have a D-1 sport when we are a D-3 liberal arts college?

8. Why does the end of Steinmetz hall smell so weird?

9. Why is our mascot still the Dutchmen when it's only representing a fraction of the community?

10. Why can't Freshman choose a meal plan?

11. Why are there so many TV's?????

12. Why do male sports get more funding than most female sports?

13. Why can't I use declining for everything in the bookstore?

14. Why does Skellar have such sketchy hours?

15. Why do they make Chet's "cash only" when all other dining options accept declining/credit?

16. Why aren't dorm rooms the same size?

17. Why does everyone love the Nott so much?

18. Can Ozone lunch be every day?

19. Why is the only 24-hour food option the farthest from centralized campus (CPH)?

20. Why isn't the library open 24hrs?

21. Why are there wind tunnels all over campus?

22. Why is the student cheering section blocked off for home games on Frank Bailey?

23. Why does everyone forget to register their cars?

24. How do you charge $4.50 for bad iced coffee, when most places are half the price?

25. Why does the food give everyone intestinal issues?

26. Why does the Health Center close at inappropriate times?

27. Why does the Health Center give out penicillin like it's the solution for everything?

28. Why are the waitlists so unforgiving?

29. Why does this school attract so many prep school kids?

30. Back to parking, is student parking an actual myth?

31. Why are we charged an extra $50 for stealing when it just gives people incentive to steal?

32. Why isn't printing free?

33. Why is the library painted like a kid's museum?

34. Why are we an open campus?

35. Why has security failed to notice 15 cars being broke into?

36. Why did you change west eggs when they were the only good option?

37. How come we have zero holidays off?

38. Trimester are cool, but..... why?

39. Why is every sidewalk a complicated maze?

40. Why is everything so dang expensive and where is that money going?