4 Times Netflix Broke My Heart In 2016

4 Times Netflix Broke My Heart In 2016

It's one thing to take away my rom-coms. It's another to take away my Disney movies.

9
4 Times Netflix Broke My Heart In 2016
flickr

All great things must come to an end. Netflix is no exception. If you're like me, you like to get your classic movie fix by Netflix binging every once in a while (or every night). The best movies to binge on are the ones that take you back to your childhood. But what happens when Netflix gets rid of those movies? What do you do, then? Does the world end? I'm here to tell you that the world won't end. How do I know this? Because Netflix has ripped my heart out on four different occasions this year but we're all still alive.

1. "Atlantis: The Lost Empire"

Now, if you've never seen this move, do it. I would say you could watch it on Netflix, but, oh wait, you can't anymore. This movie has captured my heart over and over again. The adventure-filled plot always put me back in my childhood and made me want to go out and explore a cave or climb a tree. The characters gave me courage and inspired me to go outside of my comfort zone. "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" was removed from Netflix on March 1, 2016.

2. "101 Dalmatians"

Who doesn't love this classic Disney animation filled with 101 dalmatians and the terrible Cruella Deville? Through a bunch of spotted puppies, Disney shows us the importance of family and sticking together. Together, our spotted friends warm our hearts with a tail of what it truly means to stick together when you're in a ruff spot. "101 Dalmatians" was removed from Netflix on April 1, 2016.

3. "Hercules"

He went from zero to hero. But not without a lot of help from his mentor and trusty steed. We can all learn a lesson from this touching movie. No matter how big our obstacles may be, we can make it through them with a little help from our friends. "Hercules" was removed from Netflix on June 1, 2016.

4. "Mulan"

Now, on to the moment that shattered my heart beyond repair: the discontinuation of "Mulan." Mulan is among one of the most empowering role models for young millennial women. By defeating societal norms and standing up for her father, Mulan shows us all that all it takes is a dragon, a cricket and a lot of courage to stand up for what we believe is right. She doesn't let her anatomy get in the way of saving China from the Huns. Mulan shows us all that women are just as useful as men and put gender-norms to shame. "Mulan" was removed from Netflix on June 24, 2016.