4 Reasons Why You Should Join a High School Club or Activity.

High School can be a tricky and difficult time. But with clubs and other activities that are available it can be much more easy.

9886

High Schools is difficult for everyone whether you want to admit it or not. You are going through an awkward time and you may either fit in right away, or feel like a complete outcast. Teachers and parents seem like they are constantly getting on your back about the smallest things, and you may feel like you have no one to go and talk to. But no matter how well you may fit in (or not), joining a club, sport, or any after school activity extra-curricular will be beneficial to you short term and long term.

Here is why joining a club is beneficial.

1. Meeting New People.

This one may seem really obvious but joining after school activities is a great way to meet new people, especially if you are new to the school. Joining a club forces you to interact with peers that have similar interests as you! Even if you are the most introverted person, you are destined to develop a relationship with at least one person in the club that you decide to join. From personal experiences I have met some of my best friends from my extra curricular activities and had may new doors open up to me.

2. College applications.

Another really nice things about doing extra curricular activities is that they look really good on college essays/applications. Going and trying new things is something that looks real well on any application. Being known as outgoing is a very highly looked at trait, it shows that you are willing to put yourself out there, be determined, and best of all try new things. Another nice thing is that (depending on the activity) they could help you develop skills that you could use during a college interview.

3. Good Use of Your time.

Productivity is something that us teens seem to constantly have a problem with. Most teens go to schools then come home and spend the rest of the day in front of the television of phone, but activities prohibit this. Teens are also very impressionable and if they fall into the wrong crowd they could fall into consequences such as drug use, or other problems with the law. Clubs are a great way to spend time and a good place with good people to fall back on if you need it.

4. Long Term Benefits.

Maybe the most important reason in why you should join a club is the long term benefits they bring. The classroom isn't the only learning environment in a school, the skills you learn in stuff like clubs are essential skills that can apply to everyday life. Things such as meeting and speaking to new people, keeping an eye on time, and being organized are things you will use every single day of our lives.We will use these skills in different settings but whether you realize it or not they will all trace back to the moments and skills you learned in your high school club.