4 Reasons Why JMU is the Best College
Education

4 Reasons Why JMU is the Best College

Thank you Jimmy.

13
4 Reasons Why JMU is the Best College
http://www.jmu.edu/audit/

Located in the rolling hills of the Shenandoah Valley, the school named after the fourth President of the United States is home to some of the happiest college students across the country. Although JMU may not be known very well nationally, those who do know us speak very highly of this college.

When I first entered JMU as a freshman, I didn't know what to expect; I barely knew anything about the school, other than my dad's stories about his years here. As the last two and a half years have gone by, I have become so fond of this place, somewhere that I am happy to call my home.

Here are my top four reasons why JMU is the best college:

1. The food.

If you know anything about JMU, you probably know that we have great food. Ranked nationally amongst all college campuses for our food, JMU serves up any meal you may be craving. Whether it be a bruschetta flatbread from SSC, or the Chinese food at Festival, JMU offers countless options to fill your belly. Students find it hard to resist the temptations when you're here at JMU.

2. The views.

There's many spots around Harrisonburg to capture the great views of the Shenandoah Valley. Along with the views comes many hiking spots in the area, making our school even more appealing. Walking around campus and trying not to take in the incredible views is hard to do, as each new spot you explore you may discover a breathtaking mountain view.

3. The Community.

JMU has an unspoken rule- we hold doors for each other. It may sound small and irrelevant, but it creates a friendly environment on campus in a place where the sense of community is valued by every student and faculty member. Even the residents of Harrisonburg follow the JMU policies, and are more than welcoming to all students and truly make them feel like part of the community. Purple and gold flood throughout the Quad, where anyone here can interact with each other and bond over the happiest place on Earth.

4. The Love for JMU.

You know if someone goes to JMU because they embrace the spirit that the school is known for. Whenever you meet someone from JMU, their face immediately fills with excitement and passion to talk about their time here. It's almost impossible to find someone who goes to this school who doesn't have a deep love for it. That sense of belonging hits you as soon as you step foot on campus.