4 New Summer Reads

4 New Summer Reads

A little poolside reading bucket list.

14
4 New Summer Reads

Now that the summer is in full swing, jobs are lined up and running smoothly, and pool days are regular, it is time to draw up a summer reading list for the poolside. Reading often isn’t the first thing some think of when they dream of their summer, but a good book on a beautiful day can be downright therapeutic. Any trip to Barnes and Noble is bound to end up with something good, but here are a few books on the shortlist you might want to start with.

1. "Love Does" by Bob Goff.

This book changed the way I looked at relationships not only with others, but also with God. Bob Goff has a way with words, telling tales from his own experiences and relating them to the world around us. He covers everything from his best friend being the creator of Starbucks VIA coffee, to the fact that love is more than just words.

2. "Pretty Happy" by Kate Hudson.

This book is so gorgeous and full of life. Kate Hudson shares her pillars to happiness through mental and physical strength. Her book also contains questionnaires to help assess your personal stressors and body type. It is informative about cleanses, inspiring in her words, and fresh with a positive body message. Throughout the book, Kate connects the body and mind in new ways.

3. "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes.

Currently out in theaters as a movie, this book is the romance novel of the summer. It stars a girl named Lou and a man named Will. Both lived completely separate lives until Lou crashes into Will’s world. In a story of hope, rediscovering life and love, this is a top-notch summer story.

4. "Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are" by Shauna Niequist.

I am a firm believer that the summer is a prime time to reconnect and discover a deeper faith. With that said, this book is a daily devotional. It may mean jumping into the middle of a book first, but better late than never. Each day includes a Bible verse, a small talk about the idea behind it, and a thought to leave you with for the day. This may not be an intense or long read, but a little a day changes everything.