4 Local Atlanta Bands You Should Already Be Listening To

These local bands show that the rock scene in Atlanta is alive and well

61
KISM

When it comes to music, it's no lie that locals sometimes do it better. These four bands are a testament to that statement. They are all a collection of extremely talented and down to earth musicians, that make everyone that hears them want to pick up an instrument and start playing. They are all pretty unique in their styles, and are all worth giving a shot. You never know, one of them might just inspire you to pick up an instrument, and begin your own band, and aspiring music career. These are the four:

Femignome

This band started off as a total girl power band. It was founded by a girl named Anna and her big sister Kate. Anna sings and plays guitar, as well as writes all the songs. Kate used to play on drums, but has recently stepped down from her role and let Roddy pick up the drumsticks in her wake. This band is based in Atlanta, and you can always count on them to have a lineup of shows to see. Their unique style comes off both as feminine, and completely hardcore. This is seriously a talented piece of local Atlanta music that no one should go another day without hearing.

Recommended song: Mermaid

Website: http://femignome1.bandcamp.com/

Sea Ghosts

These guys. I saw them once live, and let me tell you, they steal the show. They are a truly entertaining group of guys. Carter, Ian, Matt, and Brandon know how to keep the show entertaining, and bring enough humor to the stage that you can’t help but love them. They have an almost Jimmy Eats World meets Cage the Elephant type of sound that fits perfectly with mainstream alternative music today. This is definitely a band to see live, and one that makes the perfect 'end of a good day' type of music that you will never be able to get enough of.

Recommended song: Goldfish

Website: https://seaghostband.bandcamp.com/music

Future Reliks

This is an awesome all around rock band. Spot on vocals, amazing guitar and bass, and a drummer that knows how to keep things interesting. This is an old rock meats new kind of band. There is just something about this band that keeps you listening. If you grew up listening to classic rock like I did, then Jeffery, Ben, Nick,and Wesley are the guys to listen to. You can tell that their music is heavily influenced by the golden age of rock. There are touches, of the blues, soul, and pure unleashed rock and roll in their songs. They are definitely not a band to overlook when it comes to the rock scene in Atlanta.

Recommended song: Rock Star attitude

Website: https://soundcloud.com/future-reliks

South City Riot

This band is a collection of extremely talented individuals who know how to rock like the professionals do. The four guys that make up this band, Adam, Jason, Greg, and James, are artists that mediocre musicians like myself can hope to one day be like. Their music ranges from southern rock, to hard rock in the list of songs they have currently released. They have a very old school style that only someone who loves the oldies can truly appreciate. All their recordings sound professionally made and you can hear the passion they put in their music in each song. There is seriously nothing bad about this band and if you haven't listened to them yet, then you have been missing out. It’s only a matter of time before one of their songs ends up on your car radio.

Recommended song: Leavin' Kind

Website: https://soundcloud.com/southcityriot