4 Eco-Friendly Makeup Brands That Won't Break the Bank

Feel confident in your own skin and your impact on the environment!

6
Anderson Guerra

Being environmentally aware while purchasing makeup products can be difficult. Typically, the greener products tend to have much steeper prices that don't seem worth the compromise, especially when you're a broke college student. With this affordable eco-makeup guide, you can be confident in both your own skin and your impact on the environment.

Nudi Goods

Nudi Goods creates a ton of different beauty products, including mascara, highlighter, lip balm, and eyebrow taming wax. Each item is completely cruelty-free, palm-oil free, and non-toxic. All of their goods are also 100% plastic free, even in the shipping process! There is nothing not to love about this company, and don't even get me started on their adorable packaging!

Check them out on Etsy or their website.

Price range: $9 - $33

Elate Beauty

This Canadian company has a lot to offer. They specialize in "products that don't compromise the health of any person, animal, or the planet". Their beauty items are certified vegan and cruelty-free. What makes Elate Beauty really stand out, is the fact they offer product refills. Once you have run out of something you can order a refill which will arrive in a biodegradable pouch, substantially diminishing waste.

Along with their impressive efforts to be sustainable, Elate also gives back to the community by donating to charities such as the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, which sponsors and protects three elephants!

You can find their products in-store and online at Urban Outfitters.

Price range: $25 -$30

Fat and the Moon

Available on Amazon, this makeup company offers a very wide variety of products, all of which are hand-made and draw inspiration from herbalists. Their products include ingredients that are ethically sourced, cruelty-free, and made without palm oil. All packaging is reusable and recyclable.

Price range: $10 - $37

Plant Makeup

Plant Makeup uses only locally sourced or organic ingredients which as the company name suggests, are completely plant derived. They offer skincare, makeup, haircare, and vegan/cruelty-free fragrances which are all 100% zero waste. You can shop a variety of lip balms, eye shadows, mascara, highlighters, and shimmer sticks. All of the packaging is made of recycled and compostable materials, and get this: the company's founder hand draws each shipping label!

Shop Plant Makeup on Etsy or their website.

Price range: $3 - $32