The 4 Ds To Achieve Success: Desire, Determination, Dedication And Discipline

Have you ever wondered why you have felt that you are not on a clear cut pathway to achieving your life's goals?

2530
Max Pixel

You may have heard of the important saying that you need to have the 4 “Ds” to succeed. These are desire, determination, dedication and discipline. All four go hand in hand with each other.

Desire makes you do more than what is required by you. Desire is your passion. Desire is your strain to get what you want with no person or thing to stop you. This is why the successful people ignore the people who put them down. The people who put them down can’t do anything to make them stop what they’re doing. People don’t matter to your job. Only your job is important.

As A.P. J Abdul Kalam said:

“Love your job but don’t love your company, because you may not know when your company stops loving you”

Determination is to want something so bad that you streamline your focus to achieve that goal. Nobody can stop you from wanting it. You are steadfast on it. You are not going to back down from it just because you lost at getting it. You’ll keep trying to reach your goal, even if it seems that it is too hard to achieve.

Dedication helps you get through the tough times so that you can stick to a goal for a long time. It is easy to let go of a goal if you aren’t steadfast on it. A dedicated person doesn’t easily wind off the right path.

Discipline is to use time wisely. The first step to achieving discipline is to realize that hard work is essential to achieving a goal. It takes hard work to make it a routine to do things on time. Discipline is painful at first, but after getting into the habit of discipline, you will automatically feel obligated to fulfill your responsibilities.

With that said, we need to do more things and create a plan so that we can get on top of things. Whatever is important to you right now is your priority. We can get our priorities straight so that we can create an efficient plan to achieve those priorities. The first thing is to find a goal. Then, make a list of the tasks that it takes to achieve your goal. To start climbing up the mountain to achieving your goal, you can start on the task that you need to focus on now.