4 Instagram Worthy Destinations In Detroit

If you haven't been to these fun places, you're missing out!

16
https://pixels.com/featured/detroit-skyline-linda-goodhue-photography.html

Whether you're from the metro-Detroit area or just around town for a few days, there are tons of things to do in Southeast Michigan. From new dining choices to contemporary art spots, Detroit and its surrounding cities have a plethora of activities that everyone can enjoy.

Detroit Shipping Company

If you're a hipster who loves trying different types of food, this is the place for you. The food-truck style eatery presents 4 different local mini-restaurants to check out including Brujo Tacos and Tapas, Bangkok 96 Street Food, Coop Carribean Chicken, and Momo Cha Dumplings. When I visit this destination, my family and I purchase dishes from each of the unique cultural fusions and taste-test them all so we can try everything and see what we like the best. The downtown venue also offers a bar, a coffee shop, and a store where you can purchase merchandise inspired by the city. When you walk around the second floor, you can check out tons of art done by local artists as well. If you're looking for something to do this fall with a group of friends, you should check out this hot spot.

The Heidelberg Project

While this "outdoor art environment" hasn't had many additions in recent years, the project is still worth seeing if you're ever around downtown Detroit. The project started in 1986 when urban artist Tyree Guyton returned to the street he grew up on and decided to use art to help clean up and improve the neighborhood. Even now, there are continuous events held on Heidelberg street, the next taking place on October 19th titled, Heidelburgers: An Edible Art Experience, where there will be a guided tour of Heidelberg's new campus, along with memorable music and dining. If you are interested in checking out unique and modern art, you should definitely purchase a ticket.

Eastern Market

Are you looking to purchase some flowers for Mother's Day or some fresh vegetables for a home-cooked meal? Visit Eastern Market this month! If you check out their website, you will find their seasonal hours and times you can visit the market. From local businesses to fitness classes, this destination has it all. If it's your first time in Detroit, you should undoubtedly come at a time where you can see Eastern Market at its fullest potential.

Belle Isle

Whether you want a simple day at the beach or an entire day of many adventures and experiences, Belle Isle is a perfect summer destination. If you're looking to get senior pictures or wedding photos done, this popular spot is the perfect beautiful place. There are tons of stopping points as well, including a nature center, a museum, an aquarium, and a conservatory. While you have to purchase a one time $11 per vehicle recreation passport when entering the park, all of its internal activities are free of charge. You can spend a whole day at Belle Isle and never get bored.

If you are planning on showing someone around the city who hasn't been before, these are definitely some of the most important places to check off the list. While these are only a few of the many attractions that metro-Detroit has to offer, they are some of my personal favorites.