4 Charitable Companies Your Christmas Presents Should Come From This Year

Why not purchase from those that give back?

12

What if the presents we bought others during this season also benefited someone else? I know there are many businesses out there that give back to those in need, and I 100% support this. In fact, I think it's brilliant. Why not use our purchases to help others as well? But I'm not sure if you've heard of these. Check them out. Follow them on social media. Even better, support them.

1. Noonday Collection

Primarily a jewelry and accessories company, Noonday Collection sells handmade items from artisans around the world. Their desire is to provide jobs for people in all sorts of different countries, empower women to "become stylists, storytellers, and social ambassadors", and support adoptive families. They use their business to help others support their livelihood in places where fair trade can be hard to come by. Besides having a mission that is pure and beautiful, their product is one of a kind. One of my absolute favorite pieces of jewelry is from this company, and I have yet to be disappointed by what they sell. This company would make for incredible Christmas presents while supporting a greater cause in the process.

2. HALF UNITED

Fashion That Feeds. This company is fighting hunger, and it's doing it . Any product that you purchase from HALF UNITED immediately provides 7 meals for a child in need. To this date, they have provided over 600,000 meals to children in the US, Cambodia, Fiji, Liberia, Nepal and Haiti, and continue to go strong. HALF UNITED sells apparel, jewelry, and some other odds and ends. I love their simplistic style that makes a statement both in fashion and deed. Would you consider buying a Christmas present here in order to provide 7 meals for a child?

3. Amen Paper Company

This family business has a desire to help people beautifully display truths on the walls of a home, and wow, they do it well. Jess Connolly and Helen Brooks "want to creatively write scripture on as many hearts and homes as [they] can." They create canvases that are perfect for decorating a home, but they also make devotionals, sell mugs, cards, totes, and the list continues. They are trendy, simple and driven to bring truth into homes that can translate to God's word written on hearts. Currently, my advent devotional is through them, and it is filled with goodness, joy and focus on what this Christmas season is all about. Check out Amen Paper Company for some gifts this year. It will be completely worth it.

4. World Vision

What if you bought a present where you personally do not receive anything? What if the present you bought someone else was the gift of giving to someone in need? Here's what I mean. World Vision provides opportunities for people to purchase items of necessity for families all over the world who do not have what is necessary to survive. Ranging from $25 chickens to $500 goats, World Vision organizes what is needed to get these animals to the people who need them. In college, my math professor would pay for half a cow, and all the rest of his math classes would scrounge together enough money to pay for the other half of the cow. It was a special occasion because we knew we were providing a family in a third world country with more than we could ever imagine here in the United States. You can purchase school books for students, wells that provide clean water, Bibles, and the list continues. You can even donate in honor of someone you know. I'm thinking that buying some ducks for families in India may be a great stocking stuffer for members of my own family. What about you?