4 Christmas Traditions

4 Christmas Traditions

Some things never change.

14
Joanna Kosinska

This year the Christmas season is a little different in my house. It is my first year at college, so this year is the first time that we are trying to work around conflicting schedules. It's also a little different than usual because we are taking a trip to Florida. But regardless of the changes life presents us with there are some traditions that haven't changed.

1. Decorating the tree together

We set up the tree over my Thanksgiving break to make sure I would still be able to hang up my ornaments with the family.

2. Lights on the Lake

Every year we have gone to see the light displays set up on the path around a lake nearby. This year my family has been once while I was at school and we are planning on going again so I get to see this year's new lights.

3. Christmas Eve pjs

Every year on Christmas my parents let my sisters an I open one present, pjs to wear that night. When we were younger they were matching Christmas themed pjs, but now we each get some that reflect our own tastes.

4. Candlelight service

Our church has an evening service on Christmas Eve which ends with everyone singing Silent Night, holding candles as the lights go down. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Interested in joining Messiah's Odyssey team? Apply here.